• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Nymare

Reaction score
Had a conjugal visit with "Winston" yesterday at EuroCar/Lotus of Orange County pending delivery. I'll let the photos do the talking but a couple of observations: The engine really has presence showing through the glass (no privacy glass) in a way that I have not gleaned from photos before. It really seems as if it's stuffed in there and takes up the entire bay. There was a silver Evora (not familiar with which silvers were offered on the Evora) next to my Osmium and side by side you can definitely see the blue cast to the Osmium which I prefer. There was a Verdant/Tan in the showroom (along with Vivid Red/Seneca/Hethel) and I thought the tan looked very sophisticated and not like any photo I've ever seen. Definitely brownish tan, not orangish caramel like it comes across in photos. A perfect match for the Verdant and I would think it would work exceptionally well with Meridian and Cosmos Black. I tried to capture a good photo with my R5 (L glass) to share with the forum but my photos leaned orange just like everyone else's! Looked carefully for bubbles/paint issues/brake disc issues but all looked good to me...

good to me...
Heya T6061 !
Thx for the great pictures. You have IMHO pretty good taste in your Emira spec. The data bank for this exterior color has been a lot smaller than the ”other” colors, thus it is really nice you posted the pictures. I am still waiting on my Osmium Silver Emira to be delivered. I did go with the full black pack, black wheels, privacy glass, and a red interior. The Osmium Silver really shows the lines of the car very well 😁
Cheer ✌️

Last edited:

GrahamClark_60-68

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Probably been answered before but how long is the crossing approximately? Reason I ask is I was told my car was on the water as of May 7. Worst case if that means a departure from the UK on May 7, I'm presuming we could estimate that ship's arrival date?

Drambeenie

Reaction score
Probably been answered before but how long is the crossing approximately? Reason I ask is I was told my car was on the water as of May 7. Worst case if that means a departure from the UK on May 7, I'm presuming we could estimate that ship's arrival date?

Depends if it goes to Canada first or not. There was an Atlantic Sail that left Liverpool May 5th and arrived in Canada today. Idk where it's going next.

The Atlantic Sun is set to arrive in Baltimore today. Idk where it came from though.

Last edited:

Drambeenie

Reaction score
My car which was scheduled to be produced in January 24, was instead allegedly being built at the end of March and expected to sail in April, but was completed as of May 13th and is now waiting to be transported from UK.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My car was shipped from the UK today (May 13th) and is expected to arrive in the US on May 25th. It will then be transported to Canada.
Congrats!!! Funny enough I just left Gentry and asked when the last "on the water" update was and it's been 2 weeks since they got one. I just asked let them know Oakville got some VINs 🤞 mine is 2224, yesterday was the 2-month anniversary of getting my VIN haha.

AMKV28

Reaction score
Congrats!!! Funny enough I just left Gentry and asked when the last "on the water" update was and it's been 2 weeks since they got one. I just asked let them know Oakville got some VINs 🤞 mine is 2224, yesterday was the 2-month anniversary of getting my VIN haha.
Congrats. Do you know how long it takes from USA to Canada for transport?

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congrats. Do you know how long it takes from USA to Canada for transport?
Just got confirm my Emira is on the same ship 🥳 @Lotustoronto any luck for you?

No way to know exactly how long it takes and I think the Baltimore situation slowed things down so I would ETA it same as last. I believe that Gentry got the last batch on Friday which were on the April 26 ship which put it exactly 2 weeks. That would make out ETA (I'll assume April 26 was when NOVA got the data for a April 24 arrival as it usually takes 2 days), drumroll May 31.

T6061

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Silver with white interior and silver wheels is a great spec. So unique
Can't say I originated the idea. Franz von Holzhausen configured the press cars for the Tesla Model 3 Performance when it was introduced back in 2018 the same way (red brake calipers though). We still have ours. We rarely see a Model 3 in this color combo.

Attachments

• IMG_3303.jpeg
    IMG_3303.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 35

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just got confirm my Emira is on the same ship 🥳 @Lotustoronto any luck for you?

No way to know exactly how long it takes and I think the Baltimore situation slowed things down so I would ETA it same as last. I believe that Gentry got the last batch on Friday which were on the April 26 ship which put it exactly 2 weeks. That would make out ETA (I'll assume April 26 was when NOVA got the data for a April 24 arrival as it usually takes 2 days), drumroll May 31.
I have not heard anything yet! Keep you posted....exciting stuff

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I swear they really actually are delivering these cars in LIFO order.
Is this actually confirmed? Are people whose cars showed up first in Baltimore still waiting to be delivered because they were positioned at the back of a warehouse/storage area and they most recent cars are being delivered first?

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is this actually confirmed? Are people whose cars showed up first in Baltimore still waiting to be delivered because they were positioned at the back of a warehouse/storage area and they most recent cars are being delivered first?
From what I’ve been told by a few sources and those at the factory when CARB approval came is that there was no way to deliver in proper order when approval came without hiring an army to move the cars at the back - but it should all be sorted now. There still could be inconsistency in timelines from build to delivery though as it’s unclear they can get transports at the same rate as cars being produced.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No, more like they’re just grabbing them in any random order they have access to.

Lotus: feel free to prove me otherwise

Last edited:

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good luck, mine landed in New York on 4/6 and still no word on delivery.
Seems to be very dealer dependent. My dealer in Toronto (Gentry Lane) has received 2 deliveries, both took exactly 14 days to arrive from the date on Nova’s list.