• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Airbag notification light

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all,
I can't access the online manuals at the moment so I thought I would ask this here.
Should the airbag notification light up by the rear view mirror remain on constantly? On all other cars I've been in / used / hired this comes on with the ignition but then goes out after a few seconds, but on the Emira it is on constantly.
I only ask as the reflection of this, and the bright green light for the dimming mirrir activation, can both be seen in the rear window reflection, so its a little annoying.
Thanks

Reactions: _w_
It should go out after a few seconds.

Has the battery been changed recently? If you disconnect it too soon after turning off the ignition then the ECU can get confused. You usually need to leave the ignition off for 20-30 mins to let all the systems settle before disconnecting.

A few OBD2 readers will allow you to reset the warning light. Or it’s a quick job for a main dealer. You may find a non-Lotus garage says they can’t do it without the Lotus kit.

Thanks Tom, I was told by the local dealer that "they all do that Sir". I didn't think I was right so I'll have them look again next time I'm there as its not worth a specific trip.