• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone interested in a Track Day?

seriously

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m itching to take the Emira out on the track. Let me know if there is any interest to join. Would be fun to track with another Emira and swap notes.

Here are the dates I’m considering. It is either with Speed Ventures or Speed District - cost is around $250, depending on the event

9/14 - Buttonwillow, Speed Ventures
10/5 - Buttonwillow, Speed Ventures
10/18 - Buttonwillow, Speed District
10/19 - Buttonwillow, Speed Ventures
11/9 - Chuckwalla, Speed Ventures

Buttonwillow is my favorite SoCal track. I’ve been wanting to check out Chuckwalla forever.

Beginners welcome. I can help orient and I’m sure others can as well.

I've been looking for a day to commit to. I used to track my Ducati/Aprilia but have never taken a car to a track.

Do you need to buy a helmet or can you just show up?
Do you need to bring extra gas?
For beginners, I am assuming they run the same A/B/C class that they use for bikes?

I could probably look these answers up myself, lol

Depends on track org. Some tracks offer helmet rentals, but you should call and ask the track shop.

Gas is available at the track. A bit higher priced, but it helps the tracks stay open!

Most orgs offer novice, intermediate, and advanced run groups.

I’m going to be running Streets of Willow when the weather cools down a bit.
I might be interested in going to Buttonwillow..

I’ll be there on 9/13 with SoCal drivers club. Buttonwillow is also my favorite track :)
I’ve never ran with SoCal drivers. I assume they run fewer cars at a higher cost. For me so far I find that I get enough track time with the lower priced options. By noon lots of people leave and I usually end up getting extra track time but not wanting it. Being exhausted.

Do you like that org? What’s your experience been like with them?

I’m going to be running Streets of Willow when the weather cools down a bit.
I might be interested in going to Buttonwillow..
I’m down for Streets, too. Let us know when you plan on going. I didn’t see any dates soon. BW is like a better Streets in my mind, but streets is a lot of fun.

I’ve never ran with SoCal drivers. I assume they run fewer cars at a higher cost. For me so far I find that I get enough track time with the lower priced options. By noon lots of people leave and I usually end up getting extra track time but not wanting it. Being exhausted.

Do you like that org? What’s your experience been like with them?
Yes, 40 car limit and no run groups. Not as beginner friendly as you need to be comfortable with open passing, though I’ve never had issues in a slower car (s2000).

For me the biggest benefit is being able to hop on/off on my own schedule. Especially when it’s easier to go faster during the morning sessions.