Appreciating the design (and lines) of the Emira

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The more I consider the design the more I'm impressed by it. I've admired most modern Ferraris for their uncanny ability to be stylish yet not overstyled. Their form nearly always had a function. You didn't typically see a lot of ornamentation or superfluous design. And when you saw it, it was usually an homage to a legacy product. In other words, there was a reason behind their design. It wasn't just a haphazard set of curves or lines destined to look dated as fads change.

I noticed the same with the Emira design. It is cohesive. The lines make sense. Here are 14 examples that stood out to me. (p.s. I think I stole one pic from the forums, so thank you ahead of time nimbus grey!)
Emira design 1_Page_1.jpg

1. Strong defining line connects the side vent to the top of the front wheel arch.
2. These two parallel lines give the car an overall wedge shape and aggressive rake. The bottom line terminates at the rear diffuser connecting the front and rear of the car.
3. More parallel lines.
4. The functional built in spoiler terminates at the peak of the pinch at the bottom.
5. The bottom kink also connects to the top of the front wheel arch. While the cinch acts to make the body look slimmer it is actually functional housing an open vent to the rear wheels.
Emira design 1_Page_2.jpg

6. The cross body line connects with the bottom of the rear wheel outlet, connecting the side of the car with the rear.
Emira design 1_Page_3.jpg

7. The eyes of the Emira are paralleled in the bottom front grill.
8. The top of the front hood vent lines up with the bottom of the front projector lamp.
9. The vertical slats of the front hood vent are mirrored in the bottom of the front grill. The front grill and hood vent are all functional and not simply style elements.
Emira design 1_Page_4.jpg

10. The cross body line connects strongly with the front hood vent. hard to see it in pictures, but it wraps around to create a continuous flowing line.
Emira design 1_Page_5.jpg

11. The rear of the car is defined by a sharply narrowing canopy.
12. The terminal lines of this rear canopy are met with a section of the rear bumper that is squarish and tidy, tight.
13. The area outside of this squarish zone is more organic and flowing.
14. The rear is capped with broad flat shoulders.

Interestingly you see many of the same functional elements in the Evora design, but the Emira takes it to the next level with a design that is more flowing, yet taut. Athletic and beautiful at the same time. The Evora design is more harsh and abrupt. Perhaps both designs suit the personalities of each car appropriately. Props to the Lotus design team. Amazing final product.