• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Are the paint issues fixed yet?

EmiraDriver

Reaction score
Hi all, first post here and I’m very excited to put a deposit down on an Emira. I can deal with a lot of little issues considering the nature of the car, like phantom check engine lights, slamming the hatch, etc. What I can’t accept though is paint delaminating, which seems to be caused by improper manufacture of the composite body panels, from what I’ve been reading.

Anyone know if this issue is resolved for cars currently being built? I figure if I put down a deposit soon, I won’t get an allocation for a few months, so I’ll get the latest manufacturing updates. But if they haven’t fixed it yet, I’d rather just wait.

I haven't had any quality control issues with my car but it was a recent build. Based upon the polls I've seen on the Lotus various forums, the problems cars are in the minority although there have been issues. I think it's a good time to buy an Emira.