• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Blind Spot Monitoring in the Emira

Iflyforual

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I just paid my deposit for a 2024 Emira. This will be my first Lotus and I’m still getting familiar with the features and lingo (various packs, etc.). So far I haven’t seen anything about blind spot monitoring. Does anyone know is that is available on these cars?
thanks a million

Hi Everyone!
I just paid my deposit for a 2024 Emira. This will be my first Lotus and I’m still getting familiar with the features and lingo (various packs, etc.). So far I haven’t seen anything about blind spot monitoring. Does anyone know is that is available on these cars?
thanks a million

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Blind sport monitoring is not offered in the First Editions. It may be offered in the future as part of the ADAS systems (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems), but not yet unfortunately.

Hi Everyone!
thanks a million
Welcome!

No blind spot monitoring, but I have had no issues. The side mirrors are quite large and have good coverage, and you can peek over your shoulder and have some sight of your blind spot through the small back window. Or, just step on the throttle ;)

Well looking at the link provided (thank you), it looks like it does have it???
if so is it the lights in the mirror only or is there an associated alert when the turn signal is activated with a vehicle next to you?

thanks for any info you can provide.
My first edition doesn’t have it and have not heard of the option.

Hi Everyone!
thanks a million
You do not really need a blind spot monitor. On an M-school driving class a few years , instructor told me set your side mirrors that far out so that you can not see your own car Any ore. You can confirm this as you drive and see cars travel from your review mirror to your sideview mirror. You want to see part of that approaching car in both mirrors at the same time, then you know you eliminated your blind spot….

I recall it like yesterday s he said “….no need to stare at your own car when you look in the mirror😄👍

…he is right, takes a bit to get used to, but you have reverse cameras mandated, so that help when backing in garage/spot….. 98% of people have their mirrors set incorrect!

I thought the Blind Spot Monitor would be available starting with the Base Models...? I'm confused.

Have Base Models shipped to the UK, EU or to China, etc?

I thought the Blind Spot Monitor would be available starting with the Base Models...? I'm confused.

Have Base Models shipped to the UK, EU or to China, etc?
I thought Base production begins 2Q 2024, following 1Q orders. If correct the Configurator should be live perhaps November 2023.
Just a guess.

Thank you all for the input, this will be my wife’s car and it is a Critical feature to her as she has unfortunately lost vision in her left eye. She simply will not feel comfortable driving a car without it.

There is a drive event in October at our dealer so we will ask about the base model and maybe delay the order a bit…….