📓 Journals CAWOOD’s Nimbus Auto Diary

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.

CAWood

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, after almost 2 years of waiting, I finally collected my Emira from Hethel. Now before I get into the details and opinions of the car, I just want to give a little backstory to my buying journey.

This is the first car I have ever bought myself (been named driver on other cars in the past) and therefore the first car I have ordered from new, and I cannot say it has been the experience I had hoped it to be. First of all, the wait for the car, which of course we have all had to do, and some still are. Then there is the lack of communication from Lotus, which I know a lot of people have experienced too. There were a few things that, had I not chased them up about, I feel like I would never have taken delivery of the car 😂 When Lotus first called me up to let me know my car was ready for collection, they had previously failed to let me know that my finance application was declined, so they wanted me to collect a car that they wouldn’t let me pay for. So the car sat for about a month before I actually was able to collect it…

Fast forward to collection day at Hethel. I made the journey down the night before which was around 4hrs drive, and stayed in a hotel nearby. I was booked in for AM collection, naturally I was up bright and early, in fact I hardly slept at all due to excitement. In the morning, we had the factory tour, plus an apparently rare tour of the F1 building (apologies for any FOMO) of which I will attach some pics. The tours were fantastic as I’m sure those of you who have done the same will agree.

Moving on to the handover, which in itself is the best and worst part of this story. At this point, the finance lender I chose to fund the car, had not yet sent to funds to Lotus, which is last minute to say the least. Scott Walker was great, as he let us do the reveal and handover anyway. After waiting around for about 4hrs with the payment still not gone through, we found out that it had been sent to the wrong Lotus account. Ffs. So we decided to pack up shop stay in a hotel another night and try again tomorrow.

The next morning, the sun was shining and first thing I received an email from Scott saying it was all paid for and ready to go. Fantastic.

And what a car it is. It is, to echo a few on here, everything I had hoped for and so, so much more. Where to even start. The thing looks absolutely stunning in the metal, and I couldn’t be happier with my spec. The presence it has both outside and from the inside looking out while driving, is immense. The build quality took me by surprise too, and for reference I am coming out of a Porsche 718 Cayman GTS. Naturally then, I was curious of the auto box I had opted for. So far, IMO it is great, yes not as sharp as the PDK, but for me it is more than enough and as stated in another thread, SO much fun! I could go on and on about the car, the noise it makes, the infotainment, the steering wheel, but I just love it all. And I’m sorry to make this write up so long, but I just wanted (again to echo a few here) to really get my opinions across and actually spread some positivity on the forum, because I just love this car. So many people waving and giving a thumbs up, it also gives others joy. I have driven a few cars to compare to (2x Cayman, 488 Pista, Portofino M) and id take Emira in a heartbeat. As you’ll see in the pics, when I parked next to the SF90, I honestly thought to myself, I’d take the Emira any day of the week. And I’ll leave you with that, thanks for reading.

Attachments

• IMG_5452.jpeg
    IMG_5452.jpeg
    391.1 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_5501.jpeg
    IMG_5501.jpeg
    469.4 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_5489.jpeg
    IMG_5489.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_5483.jpeg
    IMG_5483.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_3226.jpeg
    IMG_3226.jpeg
    559.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_5467.jpeg
    IMG_5467.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_5449.jpeg
    IMG_5449.jpeg
    414.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5457.jpeg
    IMG_5457.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_5514.jpeg
    IMG_5514.jpeg
    413.7 KB · Views: 195
Few more pics from the F1 tour…

Attachments

• IMG_5440.jpeg
    IMG_5440.jpeg
    363.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5437.jpeg
    IMG_5437.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5436.jpeg
    IMG_5436.jpeg
    401.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5433.jpeg
    IMG_5433.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5432.jpeg
    IMG_5432.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 53
Congratulations on collection of your new 4 wheeled baby after a few hiccups. What a great spec! It sounds like you’re enjoying yours as much as I’m enjoying mine!

I have to admit when I read that you would take over the SF90 I chuckled. I stand corrected after seeing the picture you posted side by side with the Emira. The Emira does look better in the picture. Great spec, it looks incredible.

Congratulations on collection of your new 4 wheeled baby after a few hiccups. What a great spec! It sounds like you’re enjoying yours as much as I’m enjoying mine!
Thank you, and yes absolutely, it is hard not to!

I have to admit when I read that you would take over the SF90 I chuckled. I stand corrected after seeing the picture you posted side by side with the Emira. The Emira does look better in the picture. Great spec, it looks incredible.
hahaha, I agree it is quite a statement to make, but it’s the truth 😂 thanks for the comments

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your pictures and feedback. Classic Team Lotus tour is great and you were lucky to have that added.

Enjoy miles of smiles and I look forward to reading about your adventures with the car.

Cawood,

Another stunner, enjoy!
We will have to get together, I am only down in Meaford/Stone, when you saw it in the wold, was at my best mates/drinking partners house.
Roland

Cawood,

Another stunner, enjoy!
We will have to get together, I am only down in Meaford/Stone, when you saw it in the wold, was at my best mates/drinking partners house.
Roland
Cheers! Yeah definitely, I’m quite often around Stone area!

Nothing is as stunning as a freshly cleaned Emira in the sun…

Currently 600mi into the run in period, so still taking it easy, but the car still hasn’t failed to put a smile on my face, even without getting near full throttle. Haven’t had any real issues so far apart from the loose seal at the front that I mentioned in another thread. Only thing which I had today is, while reversing into the drive, the parking sensors did not make a sound, and as I was looking in the mirrors I hadn’t realised how close I was to the wall and it wasn’t until I looked at the screen to see that I had almost hit it that I stopped. Has anyone has this?

All in all, absolutely loving ownership of this car.

Attachments

• IMG_5895.jpeg
    IMG_5895.jpeg
    401.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5894.jpeg
    IMG_5894.jpeg
    418.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5893.jpeg
    IMG_5893.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 68
same here with my auto its fab.

The reversing camera and screen is way better than the Porker although because I am very old I just dont fully trust it and always default to the mirrors.

Nothing is as stunning as a freshly cleaned Emira in the sun…

Currently 600mi into the run in period, so still taking it easy, but the car still hasn’t failed to put a smile on my face, even without getting near full throttle. Haven’t had any real issues so far apart from the loose seal at the front that I mentioned in another thread. Only thing which I had today is, while reversing into the drive, the parking sensors did not make a sound, and as I was looking in the mirrors I hadn’t realised how close I was to the wall and it wasn’t until I looked at the screen to see that I had almost hit it that I stopped. Has anyone has this?

All in all, absolutely loving ownership of this car.
I think one of the buttons right next to the camera feed lets you mute/unmute parking sensor alert

1000mi finally reached after 7 weeks ownership, almost immediately before a warning light comes on 😅 would like to give it a proper go now it is run in but now I am wary. Car is going in soon to have front bumper issue sorted and an update, hopefully this is just software related and not an actual issue.

Only other issue that I have found, which is minor but I noticed it upon collection, is that the steering wheel seems to be offset to the left slightly. The actual position of the wheel is perfect but when I line the 12 o’clockmarker to the line on the dash behind the wheel, it is off centre. Does anyone else have this? As I say it is not a big deal and doesn’t affect driving but is slightly annoying if I pay it any mind. I’ve attached a few photos of it though it is difficult to see unless you sit in the car. It seems like the entire column is skewed to the left.

That aside, in awe of this car, and i still can’t get over the look of it. The sound it makes seems to get better, especially in track mode going through a tunnel. Exhaust upgrades seem nice but I am more than happy with how it comes stock.

Attachments

• IMG_6596.jpeg
    IMG_6596.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6607.jpeg
    IMG_6607.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6609.jpeg
    IMG_6609.jpeg
    360.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6610.jpeg
    IMG_6610.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 57
1000mi finally reached after 7 weeks ownership, almost immediately before a warning light comes on 😅 would like to give it a proper go now it is run in but now I am wary. Car is going in soon to have front bumper issue sorted and an update, hopefully this is just software related and not an actual issue.

Only other issue that I have found, which is minor but I noticed it upon collection, is that the steering wheel seems to be offset to the left slightly. The actual position of the wheel is perfect but when I line the 12 o’clockmarker to the line on the dash behind the wheel, it is off centre. Does anyone else have this? As I say it is not a big deal and doesn’t affect driving but is slightly annoying if I pay it any mind. I’ve attached a few photos of it though it is difficult to see unless you sit in the car. It seems like the entire column is skewed to the left.

That aside, in awe of this car, and i still can’t get over the look of it. The sound it makes seems to get better, especially in track mode going through a tunnel. Exhaust upgrades seem nice but I am more than happy with how it comes stock.
Glad to hear things are going well(ish). I skipped the TDC marker precisely because this would wind me up 😀