• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Cruise control on V6 manual

RyanGphoto

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Don't flame me... but is there a cruise control on the manual? Is there a way to add one? I drive occasionally a LONG way each way on the highway and would love to just put it on cruise control.. Is this possible?

Thanks
Ryan G

Yup...works like a charm. Interesting to me that you can change from 5th to 6th while the cruise control is on and it will stay engaged when the shift is complete. I also noticed cruise control is disabled in track mode...

Thanks.. I didn't even know it was possible. I guess I never really used the left side pad to think about it. Appreciate it guys..

Ryan G
With these finicky touch controls you don’t have to “use” the left or right side pads. I happen to engage cruise control and other functions all the time whenever my fingers anywhere close to the touch pads.

Yup...works like a charm. Interesting to me that you can change from 5th to 6th while the cruise control is on and it will stay engaged when the shift is complete. I also noticed cruise control is disabled in track mode...

Lotus makes some odd choices when it comes to user interface. Start the car without the clutch pedal depressed? No problem. Cruise control disengagement when shifting? Inconvenient.

Exhaust in loudest setting unless in track mode? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Lotus makes some odd choices when it comes to user interface. Start the car without the clutch pedal depressed? No problem. Cruise control disengagement when shifting? Inconvenient.

Just found out with cruise control active its a long press on +/- buttons to increase/decrease speed by 1mph (instead of 5). And a short press to increase/decrease by 5mph.
Definitely seems backwards to me.

Just found out with cruise control active its a long press on +/- buttons to increase/decrease speed by 1mph (instead of 5). And a short press to increase/decrease by 5mph.
Yep, programmed by the same jabroni who did the green 'lights on all the time' indicator.

That’s good to know because it was doing my head in going up by 5 when I was trying to cruise in a 50 average zone.

Fun fact, you don't have to push the clutch, you can just tap the brake if it is neutral.

I really like the one push 5km up and hold 1/2/3 up etc

Im the only one? 🤣
I believe most of us appreciate having the feature to switch to different incremental speed bands on the cruise control. However, I think what Aero mentioned in his post as being backwards is that the default should start at 1 mph increments and then subsequently allow us to long press (+ or -) for higher incremental mph bands. I do agree, it's not very intuitive, but then again, Lotus never was.

That's kind of concernering, actually. In an emergency or even in just situations that feel suddenly uncomfortable to use cruise control, I'd like the comfort of knowing that pressing the brake OR the clutch would cancel it.

That's kind of concernering, actually. In an emergency or even in just situations that feel suddenly uncomfortable to use cruise control, I'd like the comfort of knowing that pressing the brake OR the clutch would cancel it.
Does pressing the brake cancel cruise at least?