• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

East Lake Washington

Tomwa

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Took delivery of Zinc Grey on the 3rd! Did a drive out to Cle Elum and did most of a loop around Mercer Way to get in break-in miles.

Happy to be here, and maybe restore some of that 'early 2000s forums' I've been missing ever since car communities moved to facebook.

Attachments

• PXL_20240706_011225543.jpg
    PXL_20240706_011225543.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 38
Took delivery of Zinc Grey on the 3rd! Did a drive out to Cle Elum and did most of a loop around Mercer Way to get in break-in miles.

Happy to be here, and maybe restore some of that 'early 2000s forums' I've been missing ever since car communities moved to facebook.
Hi @Tomwa. I'm in Kirkland for work at the moment (relatively new to the area) but my car is currently garaged in So Cal. Considering bringing it up, but not sure where the good driving roads are (seem less and harder to get to than So Cal). Been out to Cle Elum on my way back from Leavenworth through Stevens pass (in my SUV though). Where else might you recommend for nice drives in the area?

Congrats. You nailed the spec on the Zinc Grey. Perfect combo with the red interior adding a bit of spice!

Welcome and congrats! Amazing spec on your Emira and we're happy to have you!! Facebook sucks. 😂

Post more pics! Not too many Zincs running around yet.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Will work on getting more Zinc photos into the wild. Zinc I think might be the best canvas for a few extra touches. We'll see what the future brings.

Sometime down the road I might consider doing a full PPF on the car and I'm curious about the look of Satin Xpel over a non-metallic color.

Hi @Tomwa. I'm in Kirkland for work at the moment (relatively new to the area) but my car is currently garaged in So Cal. Considering bringing it up, but not sure where the good driving roads are (seem less and harder to get to than So Cal). Been out to Cle Elum on my way back from Leavenworth through Stevens pass (in my SUV though). Where else might you recommend for nice drives in the area?
I've not lived in the area terribly long, I know there are a lot of great driving roads tucked away. I feel like a lot of them are 'kept secrets', and really do not take long to get to from Kirkland or Seattle. North Bend or Middle Fork have some interesting roads.

I know that a number of what seem to be really great roads at least start as Logging roads, so aren't the most well marked, I should do some scouting with my Evo so if it turns to gravel I can still see where the road goes but don't feel like I have to abandon and turn around.

There's also a lot of well known 'great driving roads' that I've never done, perhaps with the Emira I'll be invited to those reindeer games. But things like

https://shorter.me/prYm9 < Getting to Arlington from Kirkland wouldn't take long, but that's a hike 3hrs one way. Lots of squiggly roads along that route that look promising.

Would be a fun project to try to develop some of these routes.

Famously this is supposed to be a great drive, but takes some time to get down to that part of WA.

I've not lived in the area terribly long, I know there are a lot of great driving roads tucked away. I feel like a lot of them are 'kept secrets', and really do not take long to get to from Kirkland or Seattle. North Bend or Middle Fork have some interesting roads.

I know that a number of what seem to be really great roads at least start as Logging roads, so aren't the most well marked, I should do some scouting with my Evo so if it turns to gravel I can still see where the road goes but don't feel like I have to abandon and turn around.

There's also a lot of well known 'great driving roads' that I've never done, perhaps with the Emira I'll be invited to those reindeer games. But things like

https://shorter.me/prYm9 < Getting to Arlington from Kirkland wouldn't take long, but that's a hike 3hrs one way. Lots of squiggly roads along that route that look promising.

Famously this is supposed to be a great drive, but takes some time to get down to that part of WA.

Thanks. Yea I guess that's what I've seen and what's the difference around here. I'm used to having some great roads 15-20 min from me in So Cal whereas the start of that first one you mentioned (Arlington) is already a hour from me. Probably nice once you get there, but also probably a full day roadtrip.

I'm a lifetime local to the area and have been driving sports cars here for decades. There are a lot of good roads pretty convenient to Kirkland. It's certainly gotten harder as the area has grown, as some formerly good roads are now fairly dangerous to drive quickly, as the amount of traffic and development have increased so much. An example is Paradise Lake road off of Woodinville-Duvall road. However, if you head out toward Carnation/Duvall/Monroe/North Bend, there are some great options. I won't give you specific roads, but head out and explore and you'll find safe, fun routes. Another good source is the tour routes car clubs take, like BMW CCA, the Porsche club, etc. Further afield, the options are tremendous. For example, it is a trek, but maybe the best driving roads in the state are between Goldendale and Mount Adams. Deserted, scenic, and wonderful.

I'm a lifetime local to the area and have been driving sports cars here for decades. There are a lot of good roads pretty convenient to Kirkland. It's certainly gotten harder as the area has grown, as some formerly good roads are now fairly dangerous to drive quickly, as the amount of traffic and development have increased so much. An example is Paradise Lake road off of Woodinville-Duvall road. However, if you head out toward Carnation/Duvall/Monroe/North Bend, there are some great options. I won't give you specific roads, but head out and explore and you'll find safe, fun routes. Another good source is the tour routes car clubs take, like BMW CCA, the Porsche club, etc. Further afield, the options are tremendous. For example, it is a trek, but maybe the best driving roads in the state are between Goldendale and Mount Adams. Deserted, scenic, and wonderful.
As an addendum, drive The Ridge for a track day. It's really fun for a local track, even if it is quite out of the way to get to.

As an addendum, drive The Ridge for a track day. It's really fun for a local track, even if it is quite out of the way to get to.
Less far away Pacific Raceway does get a mention but it definitely is not as fun as The Ridge.