• The July 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 July 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

📓 Journals EM13RA'S diary

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Morning pick up at the factory today, 5 May 2023
Awesome day from the breakfast to the factory tour. Mostly i4s currently in production and 80% of colours are either Seneca Blue (including all 6 of the other factory pick ups today) or Hethel Yellow, and including the oh so knowledgeable Scott - to whom we say thank you!
Bumped into Clive Chapman at Classic Lotus for a handshake with automotive royalty
Trouble free drive home. Yep, zero issues here so far.
Stopped once on route, and of course approached by a Porsche fanboy who wanted to know everything about the car...plenty of interest from other motorists, guess we are just going to have to get used to that now.
Only challenge was the weather, literally biblical rain that started at exactly the time the car was driven out into the open....but thankfully the sun came out for much of the journey too. Car already filthy but couldn't resist a few photos now she's home
Couldn't be happier.

As this forum doesnt seem to take any reasonable sized photo files I have put them into a montage on you tube...link below

Last edited:
Congrats! Thought it was going to be HY because of your shirt and shoes!

Last edited:
Congratulations! First nimbus I've seen with red calipers, looks amazing!

A few photos from the phone, including our brush with Clive Chapman...

Attachments

• tempImageYxEMn2.png
    tempImageYxEMn2.png
    1,020.7 KB · Views: 158
  • tempImage8d26fu.png
    tempImage8d26fu.png
    837.8 KB · Views: 173
  • tempImagesaha0R.png
    tempImagesaha0R.png
    760.6 KB · Views: 192
  • tempImageqRu3Sm.png
    tempImageqRu3Sm.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 191
  • tempImageMsx4vu.png
    tempImageMsx4vu.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
  • tempImageqZ2j7o.png
    tempImageqZ2j7o.png
    819.1 KB · Views: 145
  • tempImage0MS1Nb.png
    tempImage0MS1Nb.png
    790.5 KB · Views: 148
  • tempImage0Xb9tL.png
    tempImage0Xb9tL.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • tempImageyY7lwS.png
    tempImageyY7lwS.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
  • tempImageJvKOA5.png
    tempImageJvKOA5.png
    935.2 KB · Views: 150
Can I ask - what’s the true colour of the tan interior? In your photos it looks like I might have hoped, in the video a bit more orange…

Can I ask - what’s the true colour of the tan interior? In your photos it looks like I might have hoped, in the video a bit more orange…
ask away...I think the video montage footage is more representative of the true colour (from about 30 secs in)...the photo above has come up a bit lighter than the reality in the flesh. It is definitely more of a rich and deep colour, not a natural leather colour, but more of a deep tan (and from my perspective not overly orange). I hope that helps...most dealers do have the leather samples in stock for you to take a look at and don't forget there are now more body colours to choose from exterior wise.

Headed to Goodwood supercar breakfast today. Only one Emira on show at the event in pride of place in front of the pits (plus ours in the car park as we couldn't register it in time) First foray through a tunnel on route to the event and there's an ambulance on full blues and twos in there at the same time....second tunnel, hoping this time we might be able to hear a bit of our own nice blipping, but got overtaken by a Lambo SVJ on the way in and they did the audio equivalent of a photo bomb on our video accordingly...didn't even try blipping the Emira...you'll hear why...

Headed to Goodwood supercar breakfast today. Only one Emira on show at the event in pride of place in front of the pits (plus ours in the car park as we couldn't register it in time) First foray through a tunnel on route to the event and there's an ambulance on full blues and twos in there at the same time....second tunnel, hoping this time we might be able to hear a bit of our own nice blipping, but got overtaken by a Lambo SVJ on the way in and they did the audio equivalent of a photo bomb on our video accordingly...didn't even try blipping the Emira...you'll hear why...
View attachment 26293
"Blues and twos", never heard that one before, love it. 😂 Brits always have the best slang!

View attachment 26293
I should have started a thread about Goodwood Supercars and arranged a meet up, apologies. There was a DV car on display in the paddocks, as well as the blue one on the grid. I was there in the yellow peril, sandwiched between two Ferraris.

ACE24002-1B6F-4EAE-A956-5DC221ED591A.jpeg

9059AD4D-8749-43C1-872F-3AFEB2057E28.jpeg

C7F8C699-38A6-45AB-BAD4-ECEFAE88F85D.jpeg

I should have started a thread about Goodwood Supercars and arranged a meet up, apologies. There was a DV car on display in the paddocks, as well as the blue one on the grid. I was there in the yellow peril, sandwiched between two Ferraris.

View attachment 26310
View attachment 26312
View attachment 26311
Ahhh Tom...would have been a pleasure to finally meet you...we spotted your pride and joy there and very much enjoyed looking around her...very nice indeed. As for the DV Emira that clearly arrived after we passed that particular point (or left earlier) as we went to all corners and still missed it...I had thought there might be a few more at the event, but we are registering for the next breakfast and hope to see you there!