Emira Storage

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well I ran into a problem, for the past year and a half or so I tried to get an allocation for a GT3RS and it might (šŸ¤žšŸ½) finally happen but on a short notice! (2-3 weeks), either way if it does go through I need a place to store my Emira as currently I only have space for 2 cars in my garage until I build a proper garage for more cars.
Iā€™ll have to store it outside but Iā€™m not willing to with an outside cover, I saw a few products like some sort of outdoor car storage but not great ones, does anyone have a good recommendation ? The car will be parked in a private property so theft isnā€™t the real issue rather than to protect the car from the elements.
Thanks in advance for all the helpers

Congrats on that 3RS allocation :love:
I've not personally tested but heard good feedback on the Carcoon brand, might be worth a look.

Congrats on that 3RS allocation :love:
I've not personally tested but heard good feedback on the Carcoon brand, might be worth a look.
Will surely look into it thanks! Looks good

Iā€™ve had these made in China, Iā€™m obsessed with them - bought two; they are brilliant. Will be fine outdoors. They only took a few days to make and you can get air freight (I had shipped, which took many weeks).

They will make to your specifications, lmk if you want details

IMG_5333.jpeg

IMG_3436.jpeg

Iā€™ve had these made in China, Iā€™m obsessed with them - bought two; they are brilliant. Will be fine outdoors. They only took a few days to make and you can get air freight (I had shipped, which took many weeks).

They will make to your specifications, lmk if you want details

View attachment 31702
View attachment 31703
I would actually love details on this. I might have a timing overlap between Emira arrival and my garage project being finished, so this could be an interesting option inside my carport if it's not too expensive.

I downloaded Alibaba app and spoke to many different manufacturers. The one I really liked was this company, with associate Joy Wang. Details below. They knew what they are doing and she is super responsive and kept me fully up to speed.

Try and see if you can find her, and you can reuse use my design - it should be a very tight fit for the Emira, thatā€™s how I wanted it, if you want bigger adjust accordingly.

PM me for direct email address and whatapp phone number, but personally Iā€™d recommend going through the Alibaba platform so you have insurance / piece of mind.

I paid $400 each before shipping, but I squeezed them and it was a while ago, so might be a little more now.

Shipping wasnā€™t cheap, but I bought two and they are freaking heavy.

Final design was this, i added venting for fan.

IMG_5365.jpeg

IMG_5363.jpeg

Last edited:
I downloaded Alibaba app and spoke to many different manufacturers. The one I really liked was this company, with associate Joy Wang. Details below. They knew what they are doing and she is super responsive and kept me fully up to speed.

Try and see if you can find her, and you can reuse use my design - it should be a very tight fit for the Emira, thatā€™s how I wanted it, if you want bigger adjust accordingly.

PM me for direct email address and whatapp phone number, but personally Iā€™d recommend going through the Alibaba platform so you have insurance / piece of mind.

I paid $400 each before shipping, but I squeezed them and it was a while ago, so might be a little more now.

Shipping wasnā€™t cheap, but I bought two and they are freaking heavy.

Final design was this, i added venting for fan.

View attachment 31714

View attachment 31712
That one looks really well made, How does it support itself ? With beams or with air pressure ? I just wonder if it will hold for long periods of time (1-2 months tops)

I recently looked at an outdoor storage option for my VX220 which mysteriously I still have despite getting an emira šŸ˜. Outdoor cardoons are out of stock in the uk. So I bought a similar thing from https://inthegarage.com the sizes are a little strange so one wide enough for an emira is very long but it seems pretty well made. Iā€™ve only been using it for a month or so.

That one looks really well made, How does it support itself ? With beams or with air pressure ? I just wonder if it will hold for long periods of time (1-2 months tops)
They are entirely inflatable. The air lasts for ages, I probably top it up every 2 months. But by that point it might feel a little soft to the touch rather than any obvious sagging. So then I top it up. At the prices i indicated, they included the electric pump.

The material they use reminds me of a bouncy castle. Or play house. But the industrial / commercial kind, like youā€™d see at a fair. Itā€™s very thick, heavy duty. And the clear stuff is a like a very very thick clear shower curtain. I have the mils in my notes somewhere. You canā€™t cut it without tools, no way.

As I said before Iā€™ve been really happy with them, and for people who are sorting out more permanent storage building garages or selling cars, something like this can definitely get you out of a hole.

I recently looked at an outdoor storage option for my VX220 which mysteriously I still have despite getting an emira šŸ˜. Outdoor cardoons are out of stock in the uk. So I bought a similar thing from https://inthegarage.com the sizes are a little strange so one wide enough for an emira is very long but it seems pretty well made. Iā€™ve only been using it for a month or so.
Andy, please never sell your VX, biggest car ownership mistake I ever made! If you do, selling to a friend with ā€œtrade backsā€.

I see the link you shared, looks like really nice products. Howā€™s it working out?

My advice to anyone looking at these storage options is to go for a product that is self supporting, the kind you can drive in and out of without stress. All the other bubbles look like a PITA and dealing with it each time I wanted to drive my car would take a bit of the fun out.

Last edited:
Andy, please never sell your VX, biggest car ownership mistake I ever made! If you do, selling to a friend with ā€œtrade backsā€.

I see the link you shared, looks like really nice products. Howā€™s it working out?

My advice to anyone looking at these storage options is to go for a product that is self supporting, the kind you can drive in and out of without stress. All the other bubbles look like a PITA and dealing with it each time I wanted to drive my car would take a bit of the fun out.
Been thinking about and exige instead of the VX, but it is a lot of car for the money.