• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Ticking noise from the front dash

Peter Jai

Reaction score
Hi do anyone have this ticking noise coming out from your Emira? my Emira currently have only 500 miles (still in my stage of driving under 4000 RPM) and I noticed this ticking noise from the dash area, however, there are no sign of lost parts from my dash. Ticking noise came up by random, even if my car are parked (engine on). Whenever I drive my Emira over a period of times and with the Fan/AC on. Didn’t have a chance to drive it with the AC off because it so hot these couple days.

Attachments

• IMG_8140.mov
    12.5 MB
I had this issue (and many, many more). Took it to the dealer who disassembled the dash and refit it to try and solve the issue.

Took 3 separate trips over 4 months with them keeping the car for 3 weeks at a time before they solved the issue.

Apparently the issues was a mounting point. When they fit the dash it’s at room temp so it fits snug. When you have the A/C on the leather contracts enough that the dash becomes loose.