• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

End to free transport for warranty work!

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Bradford called me today to get my car booked back in, to have some on-going warranty niggles addressed before their free collection and re-delivery service comes to an end!
In future they are going to start charging for this service.
I explained if this happens, I will be selling the car as I can’t afford the time to drop the car off and I feel I shouldn’t have to sort my return transport to get these ongoing niggles addressed.

I would be very sad to see the car go, but I feel I shouldn’t be paying to get ongoing warranty issues addressed just because I live too far away from a dealership.
Any thoughts on this???

Last edited:
Does this include when you break down? It is not uncommon for me to go on 12 hour trips. If I break down in the middle of nowhere and have to pay a tow truck for hundreds of miles to the nearest dealer and arrange a ride, that would be unacceptable. If it is just bringing it in for software updates and warranty stuff that isnt a 'emergency', I would be okay with driving to my dealer, but mine is only 45 to an hour away from me.

Does this include when you break down? It is not uncommon for me to go on 12 hour trips. If I break down in the middle of nowhere and have to pay a tow truck for hundreds of miles to the nearest dealer and arrange a ride, that would be unacceptable. If it is just bringing it in for software updates and warranty stuff that isnt a 'emergency', I would be okay with driving to my dealer, but mine is only 45 to an hour away from me.
I think you will still have your emergency assistance. 👍🏼

Bradford called me today to get my car booked back in, to have some on-going warranty niggles addressed before their free collection and re-delivery service comes to an end!
In future they are going to start charging for this service.
I explained if this happens, I will be selling the car as I can’t afford the time to drop the car off and I feel I shouldn’t have to sort my return transport to get these ongoing niggles addressed.

I would be very sad to see the car go, but I feel I shouldn’t be paying to get ongoing warranty issues addressed just because I live too far away from a dealership.
Any thoughts on this???
My dealer never had this option but at least a courtesy car to use. It’s appalling that there is so many niggles to sort out on a new car.

Back