Everyday Driver’s take on Elise, Evora and Emira

This was a REALLY good review of all 3 cars. Honest, realistic, and not trying to be cutesy or a Jeremy Clarkson/Chris Harris entertainment special. Both these guys 'get' what a Lotus is all about, and understand that dynamic. I really enjoyed this one.

He is a big Lotus guy and now owns all 3 cars. He had the Lotus Elise for a long time. Not a bad review but he is a little bit of a Lotus lover.

Not a bad review but he is a little bit of a Lotus lover.
He's an "old Lotus" fanboi. Which to me, means he'd have the most reason to be MORE critical of a heavier car, with lots of extras. The fact that he likes it and identifies it as being uniquely Lotus is quite the compliment for the car.

Great review and I can relate to their sensibilities.

Too bad they didn't have an Exige to review. I think the Elise is kind of the original modern Lotus with no real rivals. The Exige was the beastly hardcore one. The Evora tried to take on the 911 with 2+2 seats and more amenities, but wasn't good enough. Still successful in Lotusy ways. The Emira kind of feels like a successful version of the Evora. It greatly improved the design inside and out, increased build quality and softened the edge a bit. It created a nearly objectively desirable car which you have to do if you're going to tangle with Porsche and the like- it can't just be driving dynamics. Now the 911 has gone so far upmarket it's not the target anymore. It's something between the Cayman/911, the Corvette, etc. One thing is true is that the Emira doesn't happen without the Elise and the Evora. That was a great through line.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back