• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Factory Collection 17 March 2023

NSXR

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I collected my Emira from Hethel yesterday and wish to thank Scott Walker for making it such a great experience. The cost of £199 covers the customer and their guest and this is what you get.

1. Car presented in a showroom under a car cover
2. Full tour of Emira factory and explanation of some key design decisions
3. Full 1:1 explanation of the features of your car
4. Light lunch and refreshments for you and your guest
5. £50 voucher for use in gift shop
6. Framed photo of your car

My car was presented very well and I cannot fault the experience, so would highly recommend factory collection.
Emira collection.jpg

Scott told us that from now all factory collected cars remain on site at Hethel and are PDI'd by his team. Home and dealer delivery cars are taken offsite from Hethel after build and PDI''d by a contractor.

Last edited:
Great. Nice one. Scott is a legend. I believe his blood is green and yellow!

Cracking place to visit. Love to go round the circuit.
Did you see a lot of waiting cars? Was it mentioned how many are going out daily?

Great. Nice one. Scott is a legend. I believe his blood is green and yellow!

Cracking place to visit. Love to go round the circuit.
Did you see a lot of waiting cars? Was it mentioned how many are going out daily?
There were 3 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon going out yesterday. I think Scott said 68 have been through factory collection so far.

I did the Driving Academy at the Hethel track in the Emira late last year and that is fantastic day. I was lucky enough to have Martin Donnelly (ex F1 driver) as my instructor. Main lesson is my driving ability is never likely to match the cars capability as demonstrated by a professional.

There were many completed cars on site and several transporters taking 6 at a time away from site.

I think Scott said he had completed 25 years at Lotus including his time at Bell and Colville.

For factory collections are they not giving a framed picture anymore? 🙁

For factory collections are they not giving a framed picture anymore? 🙁
I have corrected my original post to add the framed photo

Looks to be the same spec as mine but this is a manual I assume? I’m thinking of picking it up from factory. Once in a life time experience basically, as I’ll never get an ICE from them again. Is it a hard place to reach? Would an Uber from the train station be reasonable?

Looks to be the same spec as mine but this is a manual I assume? I’m thinking of picking it up from factory. Once in a life time experience basically, as I’ll never get an ICE from them again. Is it a hard place to reach? Would an Uber from the train station be reasonable?
Hethel is around 10 miles from Norwich Railway Station, but Uber is a bit thin on the ground/non-existent here! I would recommend ABC Taxis (I use them regularly) : https://www.abctaxisnorwich.co.uk/

Let them know which train you're on out of London and they usually keep an eye on it in case of any delay, etc.....

Wymondham station is 9 mins away.

Hethel is around 10 miles from Norwich Railway Station, but Uber is a bit thin on the ground/non-existent here! I would recommend ABC Taxis (I use them regularly) : https://www.abctaxisnorwich.co.uk/

Let them know which train you're on out of London and they usually keep an eye on it in case of any delay, etc.....
Thanks, I’ll save this now! Thinking of taking my son, he will enjoy this 🤔

Thanks, I’ll save this now! Thinking of taking my son, he will enjoy this 🤔
If you are travelling a long way why not try and combine with a visit to Classic Team Lotus, which is located in the same road as the main factory. A great tour where they have virtually every F1 and other race car produced by Lotus. Many great anecdotes during the tour about all the famous Lotus drivers and of course Colin Chapman:

Picked mine up on Thursday afternoon, Scott and the Lotus team were fantastic and we had a great afternoon. Highly recommended experience if you can get there. As OP said the cars are now PDI’d on site for factory collection which is a big plus I think. I have to say that like many I was getting a bit frustrated with the buying process but in the last 2 months thing’s improved significantly for me and the car is definitely worth the wait. Lots of Emiras around the factory so it looks like the numbers are building. It appears mine was built around a month ago so hopefully 30 days or less from checkout now.

If you are travelling a long way why not try and combine with a visit to Classic Team Lotus, which is located in the same road as the main factory. A great tour where they have virtually every F1 and other race car produced by Lotus. Many great anecdotes during the tour about all the famous Lotus drivers and of course Colin Chapman:

That looks interesting. Might give that a look. He really enjoyed goodwood, might like this too. Thanks

You can either go to Cambridge and change, or Norwich and change.
Much more of a faff going Kings Cross, Cambridge, Wymondham, taxi (which will likely come from Norwich in any case - not many taxis based in Wymondham) than fast train Liverpool Street to Norwich and taxi…….

I picked mine up Friday afternoon, was the only collection. As everyone says Scott was great and it was pleasing to see loads of Emira’s now in production. Done couple of hundred miles so far this weekend and it is everything I had hoped for, well worth the wait!
A81F1E9E-7B38-4A36-89F0-86B2B22CBBC2.jpeg

Congrats.
I found that keeping the car to 4000 revs was no real hardship as, even at that level, the car was plenty fast enough for the roads and demon around corners.