First time Lotus owner from California checking in!

macnlz

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All! After a series of failed attempts to purchase a Lotus Esprit V8 about a decade ago, I've finally managed to scratch that Lotus itch! 😃

I just picked up my Seneca Blue V6 Manual FE2 last Friday. This came as a big surprise to me, since I was far down the list! I had only put money down in 05/2023, after all. But when I discovered that my dealer had an "orphan" on hand that was sufficiently close to my ideal spec, I went for it on the spot!

This car is my attempt to return to "being in the loop" after relying far too heavily on Tesla Autopilot for the past several years. Driving can be fun - but only if you're the one doing it!

I look forward to many weekends on winding mountain roads. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_2414.jpeg
    IMG_2414.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 48
Congrats and welcome! 🎉

Looks like the original show car spec I ordered initially! How's the one you got different from your original spec?

Hi All! After a series of failed attempts to purchase a Lotus Esprit V8 about a decade ago, I've finally managed to scratch that Lotus itch! 😃

I just picked up my Seneca Blue V6 Manual FE2 last Friday. This came as a big surprise to me, since I was far down the list! I had only put money down in 05/2023, after all. But when I discovered that my dealer had an "orphan" on hand that was sufficiently close to my ideal spec, I went for it on the spot!

This car is my attempt to return to "being in the loop" after relying far too heavily on Tesla Autopilot for the past several years. Driving can be fun - but only if you're the one doing it!

I look forward to many weekends on winding mountain roads. 😁
Looks like everything fell into place for you and way quicker than most of the US owners.

I am sure the level of input you get and put in with a Tesla will be reducing further in the future so enjoy being an actual driver while you can.:)(y)

Congrats and welcome! 🎉

Looks like the original show car spec I ordered initially! How's the one you got different from your original spec?
Thanks! 😃

The main difference is: I was going to go for Sports Suspension with Michelins. This is Touring on Goodyears.

I figured, if I ever decide that touring isn't giving me enough control, a suspension swap to sports is going to be cheaper than attempting to go from an i4 to a V6, or getting a different paint color.

I'd already driven the Touring at the test track in Hethel, so I knew it wasn't "bad". In fact, the additional traction over the bumps on my local backroads is probably a good idea.

The only other differences from "my" spec are leather steering wheel instead of alcantara and privacy glass instead of none. And in hindsight, both of those are better the way they are: leather is easier to clean, and privacy glass gives a cleaner look with the full black back.

Looks like everything fell into place for you and way quicker than most of the US owners.

I am sure the level of input you get and put in with a Tesla will be reducing further in the future so enjoy being an actual driver while you can.:)(y)
Yes, I consider myself very lucky - I was certainly never expecting to get an FE! 🤯

My other car is a Tesla Model 3 Performance. It handles quite well, once you learn how to anticipate all that weight, and the insane acceleration. But the steering feels a bit dead, so it's always a bit like driving in a video game. And I noticed that I was struggling to even pay attention to the road, because the car does such a fine job in 99% of all cases... Not good! Especially because in the last 1% it's actively trying to kill me! 😆

Anyway, some reviewers complain that the Emira is "spartan". I have no idea what they're talking about. I think it's got the perfect amount of tech for what it is! Though frankly, I could do without the stereo - I'm never going to listen to music, when I can listen to the engine! 😉

I've driven my Model 3 Performance once since taking delivery of the Lotus. I used to enjoy driving the car. Now I don't. :p It won't be in the garage much longer. Our Lucid Air Touring is just as quick as the M3P and covers ground as swiftly as anything I've ever driven. Dream Drive Pro is no match for FSD at this stage but they continue to release updates and it's perfectly serviceable for now (think enhanced autopilot rather than FSD). It's much nicer to spend time in and even though it is not a sports car it handles well for what it is, a full size luxury sedan/EV.

Congrats on the Emira! Agree with your sentiments regarding the tech and interior of the Emira - I think they nailed the brief. It's just right. I also have the touring/Goodyears and test drove the sport set up when the demo car toured CA. The sport was not harsh by any means but the additional compliance offered by the touring suits a daily driver (which mine is). I'm sure we will be able to dial in the touring package to taste with alignment/tire choice and if necessary higher spec dampers if desired. Welcome to the club!!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back