• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Induction Sound

LotusRising

Reaction score
My wife really loves induction noise in a car. It was one of the main selling points when we drove the Emira the first time. We have a jaguar F type R, so we already have an “exhaust car”. What are some of the ways to enhance or amplify the induction sounds in the cabin? Sorry if this is a really basic question.

this would definitely increase it. so would most after market air intakes.

I also remember reading someone saying there is a simple mod you can do to the stock intake to get near the same sound. I think it was something about removing some foam thats comes with the stock intake

this would definitely increase it. so would most after market air intakes.

I also remember reading someone saying there is a simple mod you can do to the stock intake to get near the same sound. I think it was something about removing some foam thats comes with the stock intake
If it's foam, it's a piece in the factory drop-in filter. It kind of is a buffer between the side air vent scoop and the filter itself. I can see that slightly increasing some induction/suction noise.