Is Polestar about to out-Lotus, Lotus?

Sounds spot on, unfortunately.

Weird I never really thought about the name Polestar before..
This just came to mind

Attachments

• pole-dancer[1].jpg
    pole-dancer[1].jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 13
I'll take a Caterham Project V thanks. The Polestar looks like ass.

What kind is article is this? Zero detail as to what Polestar did — just that it steers and handles good.
Bonded aluminum chassis though?

Maybe it uses the modular electric chassis Lotus developed? It says the axle and steering are developed from the ground up but nothing is said about the chassis.

Very strange. I have actually always liked polestar design and materials. They are creating a new kind of design language for EV - filling in the void created by the cold design Tesla language.

Very strange. I have actually always liked polestar design and materials. They are creating a new kind of design language for EV - filling in the void created by the cold design Tesla language.

Polestars still have a pretty clinical look to them

Polestars still have a pretty clinical look to them
True, more structured and angular than Tesla. But have you sat inside them? Nice textures - mix of synthetic leathers, wood, metal. It feels pretty premium and well put together. Very different from the minimalism that Tesla favored. Seats are great, with nice bolstering, etc.

The Tesla design language was totally awesome when it first came out. It was a representation of rethinking the “car”. Their first principles design in action. However it’s old and tired now. They need to up their design game to stay desirable.

Bonded aluminum chassis though?
This is a strange article in that he barely goes into any actual detail to compare/contrast the two vehicles in support of his premise. For example he vaguely points out that the Emeya is too heavy at 2.5-tonne, but than fails to mention how that compares to the Polestar. Another example, the Polestar is using a "bonded aluminum chassis" and yet he makes zero mention of what exactly the Emeya is using.

If there wasn't an author attaching his name to this article, I would have concluded it was AI generated clickbait garbage.

Last edited:
This is a strange article in that he barely goes into any actual detail to compare/contrast the two vehicles in support of his premise. For example he vaguely points out that the Emeya is too heavy at 2.5-tonne, but than fails to mention how that compare to the Polestar. Another example, the Polestar is using a "bonded aluminum chassis" and yet he makes zero mention of what exactly the Emeya is using.

If there wasn't an author attaching his name to this article, I would have concluded it was AI generated clickbait garbage.
Had the same thought.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back