• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lost locking bolt from the rear wheel.

Eugene

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have the car for less than 2 months, 1700 miles,
Few days back I discovered that I'm missing one of the bolts (locking) on rear left wheel.

Bought torque wrench, checked all remaining bolts, most of them were ok or nearly ok - 78lbft as per spec.
The locking bolt on the other rear wheel needed nearly 1/4 of the turn to reach 78lbft, which is a lot in my opinion.

Is it factory or the dealership?
Looks like OEM bolts are not easy to find. Local dealers don't have it in stock (CA, Bay Area)

I have the car for less than 2 months, 1700 miles,
Few days back I discovered that I'm missing one of the bolts (locking) on rear left wheel.

Bought torque wrench, checked all remaining bolts, most of them were ok or nearly ok - 78lbft as per spec.
The locking bolt on the other rear wheel needed nearly 1/4 of the turn to reach 78lbft, which is a lot in my opinion.

Is it factory or the dealership?
Looks like OEM bolts are not easy to find. Local dealers don't have it in stock (CA, Bay Area)
You’ll have trouble finding them elsewhere except for maybe GRP. You can borrow one from me while you wait for the dealer if you’d like. Send me a DM. I’m in North San Jose on Fridays and Weekends and I’m in Mountain View during the work week otherwise.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back