• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Sends Customer Survey

brainf18

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I got this in my email this morning...It was the first and only time I've heard from Lotus directly since placing my deposit almost three years ago. I filled out the survey and did not hold back. Love the car, Love my dealership experience...but extremely disappointed with Lotus Corporate and Lotus USA for the complete lack of any communications or customer care during the 1000+ days I waited for my car to be delivered. From the manufacturers side if things this is the worst car buying experience I've ever had.

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 10.48.23.png

I started Lotus ownership 20yrs ago, with a 7yr gap before getting the Emira last month. TBH, the Lotus experience is the same now as it was 20yrs ago. They have learnt zero in the interceding years.
It is a real shame, as the cars are great and the dealerships, for the most part, try their damndest to overcome Lotus HQ short comings, but in the end they are reliant on them for so much it is difficult for them to fully compensate.

I seriously thought about not getting the Emira, purely down to the issues I expect to see in the years to come with shortage of parts and general lack of communication, but in the end Heart won over Head

I started Lotus ownership 20yrs ago, with a 7yr gap before getting the Emira last month. TBH, the Lotus experience is the same now as it was 20yrs ago. They have learnt zero in the interceding years.
It is a real shame, as the cars are great and the dealerships, for the most part, try their damndest to overcome Lotus HQ short comings, but in the end they are reliant on them for so much it is difficult for them to fully compensate.
Couldn't agree more. I bought my first of several Lotus cars back in 2002. Great cars, great engineers, but the company has always been pretty clueless about customer care and communication. If anything it seems to have got worse under Geely, although I think the recent abandonment of the 'agency' sales model in the UK is a tacit admission that they have got it wrong. Hopefully things will improve now the dealers have a bigger role again.

It's the same for any company / organisation that is trying to bigger than they are. The 'Fake it until you Make it' attitude to marketing and launches just doesn't work in this world of social media and forums.

Love the car - the company is nothing short of shocking though - and I'm not talking about their dealers / agents. To be fair to them, they're left with little choice but to go along with the farce.

It's the same for any company / organisation that is trying to bigger than they are. The 'Fake it until you Make it' attitude to marketing and launches just doesn't work in this world of social media and forums.

Love the car - the company is nothing short of shocking though - and I'm not talking about their dealers / agents. To be fair to them, they're left with little choice but to go along with the farce.
Slogan: Add triteness and amplify

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back