Navigation

morphious

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it me or is the built in navigation just dumb. I used it once and it wouldn't even re-route me because I took a different street. Am I missing something in the setting?

Its horrible. I had the streets disappear on a drive where I had no idea where I was. You also lose the ability to zoom while driving..what sense does that make? I used the Android Auto then took some really deep backroads where I lost service and I was so pissed because the Lotus Navi was my backup. Pure garbage.

Its horrible. I had the streets disappear on a drive where I had no idea where I was. You also lose the ability to zoom while driving..what sense does that make? I used the Android Auto then took some really deep backroads where I lost service and I was so pissed because the Lotus Navi was my backup. Pure garbage.
I thought it was.

At least you got it. In Australia, DAB radio and navigation are missing from the Emira after being part of the advertised spec . . . and with no warning or explanation from Lotus at all.

So my son's Kia Rio has a better radio and navigation system than my exotic sportscar!

At least you got it. In Australia, DAB radio and navigation are missing from the Emira after being part of the advertised spec . . . and with no warning or explanation from Lotus at all.

So my son's Kia Rio has a better radio and navigation system than my exotic sportscar!

Haha in Middle East is the same , I’m not worry about that at all !

I was having issues with the Navigation finding addresses and general operation the first couple weeks I had the car. I spent a hour or so playing with it in the garage, I found once I connected the car to my home wifi and started entering a bunch of local addresses, everything thing started to work much, much better, including traffic, speed and light camera indications. I left it connected to the internet overnight.
Re-routing also works very well.

I believe the google navigation software in the Emira is the same as in my wife's Volvo XC90 - it least feels like it. There is a bit of a learning curve, but much better than most of my previous cars.
Apple car play works great and very intuitive, but I find the displays cartoonish.

I wish I could change the voice - I find the men's voice in UK and US English a bit annoying.
I turned off voice directions.

In other cars I find UK English woman's voice in navigation the least annoying (I am willing to bet that is not the case in the UK :)).

On a separate note, I think Navigation software use in countries are bounded by license agreements and/or agreements. I was in the middle east a few weeks ago and "Maps" on US iPhones would not provide directions (it just would show your location - you could search for places, but the directions button was not there). We ended up using Waze, only because it gave us directions.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back