• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New Alfa coming Aug 30

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This could be big. A new Alfa sports car that slots in above the 4C, but more attainable than the 8C.

Thoughts?

This could be big. A new Alfa sports car that slots in above the 4C, but more attainable than the 8C.

Thoughts?

the rumor is that it may carry the "6C" moniker. Assuming that rumor proves true and Alfa sticks to its historical naming convention 4C: four-cylinder engine, 8C: V-8, that can only mean the new car will be powered by some version of the glorious 2.9-liter V-6 housed in current Alfa Quadrifoglio models. That engine already makes 505 horsepower in the QF, but Alfa also made a limited-run 540-hp version known as the GTA.

I'm excited.

Alfa were going to replace the 4c with a 6c, but then the MC20 came out with carbon tub and V6.
My guess would be a new body on that with a bigger price tag

Alfa were going to replace the 4c with a 6c, but then the MC20 came out with carbon tub and V6.
My guess would be a new body on that with a bigger price tag
Why a bigger price tag? It's an Alfa, which are mass market cars, so it should be less than the equivalent Maserati. The 8C was expensive but was a special case.

Thoughts?

Didn't hear about this but I am excited. However I read "Halo" in the article. Doesn't Halo = $$$? Even though I can't afford one, I am disappointed the GTAm didn't make it to the US. I hope at least this car, if they build it, makes it to the US.

I would guess no manual transmission so it would not work for me. Excited to see the design though. 🤘

Why a bigger price tag? It's an Alfa, which are mass market cars, so it should be less than the equivalent Maserati. The 8C was expensive but was a special case.
The answer to 'why a bigger price tag' can be found in use of the word Supercar in the headline.

Last edited: