• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Newbie Help in Essex UK

UrbanMyth

Reaction score
Hi all

I am just about to pull the trigger on a Emira.

I have a small or big problem that I am hoping some kind person could help me with.

I have a sloping driveway, and I am concerned that the car will not get up it. I currently have a 600Lt with lift. This just manages to get up there but not 100% if the Emira will.

Is there anyone in North Essex that could pop round my house and try the drive out for me.

I will of course cover any costs incurred and if all is ok, I will be joining the Emira family.

Any help will be very appreciated

Thank you all in advance.

hi I'm in Chelmsford, there are a few from Essex on the forum
I'm away at the moment, but I'm up and down the A12 regularly so depending on where you are and how quickly you need an answer I'd by happy to come by
PM if you want to fix a date
Hi all

I have a small or big problem that I am hoping some kind person could help me with.

I have a sloping driveway, and I am concerned that the car will not get up it. I currently have a 600Lt with lift. This just manages to get up there but not 100% if the Emira will.

Is there anyone in North Essex that could pop round my house and try the drive out for me.

I will of course cover any costs incurred and if all is ok, I will be joining the Emira family.

You might find some helpful info in this Forum thread:

My last sport car was a C8 Corvette. I a have a steep driveway so ordered it with the front end lift option and always raised it, before going up or down my driveway. The Emira has more ground clearance compared to the Corvette, so I’ve never had a problem with my Emira on my driveway.

I’ve cleared all the “speed-bumps” in my City AOK. The one time I scraped my front end was entering a parking lot with a pothole at the entrance which was hard to see, and nothing was damaged except my pride.

And I thought you’d have fun finding someone to “test-drive” your driveway. I now see the gracious volunteer who posted before me. What a great Forum!

Hi all

Whereabouts in North Essex? I'm in Ipswich, reasonably close.
Also where are you thinking of getting the car from?
Lotus Essex might drive one round if you were getting it from there.

Hi Guys

Thank you for the replies.

I am on the border of Sudbury and Halsted. I am free when ever anyone is available.

This is the car I am looking at

Thanks

Mark
There's a possibility of getting to yours about 3 to 3:30pm tomorrow afternoon, if that's any good?
PM me your address + mobile if so.
If not it would be sometime next week.