• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Nilu Hypercar

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I love that cars like this are still being made. Who says you can’t have a manual transmission in a car with over 1,000 hp?! Only 15 available, so better get yours now.

1723389529576.jpeg

Purpose? At that point just buy a track car. What would one do with this thing, hope your Fas Trak works on the 405 from Irvine to Long Beach? Guaranteed my 2004 4Runner will get me to Ralphs quicker for my booze. It doesn't stop for dips or speed bumps.

Fine, I'll settle for a T33.

Joking aside, I actually prefer the T33 styling much more. T50 "because you can", T33 "because cars should be pretty"?

These projects are fascinating. I like a lot of his ideas and thinking. However honestly is not an instant wow for me design wise. I continue to be surprised that a market for these hyper cars even exists. I’m glad they do so we can enjoy reading about them.

I love that cars like this are still being made. Who says you can’t have a manual transmission in a car with over 1,000 hp?! Only 15 available, so better get yours now.

View attachment 49433
Sorry to be so honest about it, but my first thought was "where are the headlights on this fugly thing?" Can't be those thin LED strips around the front air intake vents! Front facia reminds me of a manta ray.

Fine, I'll settle for a T33.

Joking aside, I actually prefer the T33 styling much more. T50 "because you can", T33 "because cars should be pretty"?

I wonder if Gordon Murray would make a “bespoke” pretty version of the T50 if you gave him enough money.

I have similar feelings about the McLaren F1. Fantastic specs and technical achievement. Styling is meh.

It’s pretty cool that you can now buy road cars that, with racing tires fitted, would leave LeMans cars from the 60’s and 70’s in the dust. With air conditioning and CarPlay.

Had to look up what that was, but very cool. They’re all claimed too.
Hey, no worries, I heard this one is for sale. Why drive a car with a little blower fan when you could be the real rocket man? ;)
1723937468655.png

I love the exposed suspension and exhaust from the back of the Nilu. It's a masterclass in supercar design!