Paint correction PPF et al

Carig5A

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My car arrived yesterday and is now at the detailer. Just want to share what he found and what he said “Paint needs a little more attention than i originally thought. A lot of factory holograms and buffer swirls left behind. As well as some compound splatter (white spots you were seeing) and compound in the cracks. Not going to increase price but just wanted you to know. Not entirely uncommon but was hoping to get lucky on this one.Of course, will be flawless when I'm done.”

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 17
  • image000001.jpeg
    image000001.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 17
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 17
  • image000001.jpeg
    image000001.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 17
My Hethel yellow looked the same when it went in for correction, PPF, and coating.
I initially blamed the dealership monkeys but I feel some of the blame goes to the factory as well after talking to a few HY owners with the same holograms and swirls and haze.
Luckily everything came out fairly easily and looks absolutely perfect now.

My Hethel yellow looked the same when it went in for correction, PPF, and coating.
I initially blamed the dealership monkeys but I feel some of the blame goes to the factory as well after talking to a few HY owners with the same holograms and swirls and haze.
Luckily everything came out fairly easily and looks absolutely perfect now.
I did not have the dealership wash it all as I just don’t trust someone messing it up . I didn’t even have them remove plastic cover on the seats haha but seems like my detailer is quite confident

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back