• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Parking assist

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just seeing if anyone has used the parking assist function and what they think about it?
I only just noticed my car has it when I went to press the handbrake and touched the parking assist button which came up on the dash. I’ve never used this function on any car and not sure I’d trust it to not get my alloys scraped. 😬

I don’t think my Emira has any active form of parking assist. It has the guidance lines that come up in the camera view and the beeping noise of course but thats it.
Which button did you press?

I don’t think my Emira has any active form of parking assist. It has the guidance lines that come up in the camera view and the beeping noise of course but thats it.
Which button did you press?
Thanks for the reply I’m in a RHD car and it is above the parking brake and on the right of the dimmer button.
I was at home in my drive with a car next to me and when I pressed it a message came up saying something like cannot activate park assist due to sensors being blocked.

Interesting. On my car that button is the tailgate release. Button 12 in the image below which I took from the manual. So not sure what button you have there.
According to the manual (p102 in the current online version), Lotus use the expression Parking Assist to describe the operation of the ultrasonic parking sensors. They also say “To ensure full functionality, the PAS sensors must be kept clean and free from foreign objects including snow and ice.”
Perhaps you have a fault with one of your sensors?

1706296339681.png

Park assist is amazing, I know a lot of ppl aren’t a fan but they always park perfectly with no worry of scraped alloys - main reason I like it. That being said I had never remembered seeing that in the Emira, perhaps in the ADAS versions. I do know it’s supposed to have parking sensors that beep which are useful to place blind curbs etc. Would be very welcome if there is in fact a park assist. This would be more limited I think on a manual. In my current older car if it recognizes a spot when you put the car into reverse you can hit a button for guidance and something pops up with a meter telling you turn wheel ____ then reverse with a meter as well. You get a perfect parallel every time. I new rental cars I’ve had its as simple as the screen with 360 cam putting a box around an open spot you’re next to, you press it and hit ok and you take your foot off the gas and it will do the parking for you.

I can guarantee you that my manual v6 Emira does not park itself. My Jaguar can do that so I know how it works.
The current online owners handbook does cover a bunch of features that are not on my car (like adaptive cruise control and rear cross traffic alert) as it now seems to include the i4 as well as the v6 but I can’t see anything in there about it being able to park itself.

I can guarantee you that my manual v6 Emira does not park itself. My Jaguar can do that so I know how it works.
The current online owners handbook does cover a bunch of features that are not on my car (like adaptive cruise control and rear cross traffic alert) as it now seems to include the i4 as well as the v6 but I can’t see anything in there about it being able to park itself.
Maybe it’s an updated version - I’m in Canada so I only glanced at it awhile back to help with the wait for our cars lol. I do think I recall some notes made that states auto version only. Nothing has been said about the ADAS since launch and may be totally scrapped the way things are going (funny they last said it was delayed due to chips which I can’t see being an issue any longer). But alas, this is the same as the supply chain excuse for the 12 o’clock stripe on manual wheels.

I will have to try it again tomorrow and write down exactly what comes up. I do have lane assist and pretty sure it has adaptive cruise control.

I’ve got an I4 Emira. It has the ADAS pod above the front plate. There is no adaptive cruise, just regular cruise, adaptive cruise buttons do nothing, no adaptive cruise in menus. Parking assist is the rear camera and sensors which give you a graphic on the screen and beep, all pretty standard stuff. There are warning led’s in the mirrors for passing cars, both rearwards and alongside.

It does have some form of collision avoidance system, there are settings for it. It’s only activated once so far, it beeped at me and I think applied some braking when I rushed through a light as it was turning red when there were slow moving cars ahead, that I had to brake moderately hard for. I’ve not found it intrusive and it can be turned off.

I will have to try it again tomorrow and write down exactly what comes up. I do have lane assist and pretty sure it has adaptive cruise control.
You have to try it now. What is this tomorrow you speak of where hundreds of us prowl the forums for any scraps of information?

Is yours a V6 car? If so it's the first one I've heard of with any automated driver assist features whatsoever. I thought those were only on ADAS cars (I4).

My bad I couldn’t see the button properly in the dark and yes it is the rear boot opener. I’ve not had the message come up again but maybe it was park assist sensor warning of some sort. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Never mind if it had parking assist that parked it id probably be too untrusting to try it.
I have realise from trying to look at the features that I have very limited information and must be missing documentation. In the folder there is no manual and just the 3 thin booklets and no list of what the car has regarding options.

My bad I couldn’t see the button properly in the dark and yes it is the rear boot opener. I’ve not had the message come up again but maybe it was park assist sensor warning of some sort. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Never mind if it had parking assist that parked it id probably be too untrusting to try it.
I have realise from trying to look at the features that I have very limited information and must be missing documentation. In the folder there is no manual and just the 3 thin booklets and no list of what the car has regarding options.
Lotus no longer provides the full main handbook and wants a ridiculous £199 for a printed version. The latest pdf version is here https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/emira-handbook which includes references to future features / options not on the FE.

Lotus no longer provides the full main handbook and wants a ridiculous £199 for a printed version. The latest pdf version is here https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/emira-handbook which includes references to future features / options not on the FE.
My local dealer (Colchester) said they were about £140 for a printed manual, which I thought was about ok. 😬
The downloadable PDF manuals are protected as well so you can't even print the odd page out yourself unless you start taking screen grabs.

My local dealer (Colchester) said they were about £140 for a printed manual, which I thought was about ok. 😬
The downloadable PDF manuals are protected as well so you can't even print the odd page out yourself unless you start taking screen grabs.
I saw this on ebay which I thought might be worth it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256366307067 available in A4 or A5 is comb bound.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That sucks even charging £140 when someone has paid between £175-£192k for the car.

That sucks even charging £140 when someone has paid between £175-£192k for the car.
It all gets added to the final cost in the end.
I think I'm one of the few that does read manuals but I bet lots of people don't - my neighbour doesn't.
Reading the PDF isn't too bad on the PC, probably ok on a phone if needs must.

Back