• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Question re Boost %

danmessy

Reaction score
When I am in first gear (MT), I do not think my boost % on the performance status screen leaves 0%.

Each other gear it seems to operate as normal, with boost kicking in and the % gauge lighting up past a certain point of the accelerator being depressed.

In first, I believe even foot to the floor does not render a % though its a short run to redline. Either I am not seeing it climb or its staying on 0%. I need to try get a video of it with a passenger.

Anyone confirm they get boost % in 1st gear, or other threads on this topic?

assuming that you see the bypass valve close in the rearview mirror, similar articulation in each gear (incl 1st)?

Is your car fully warmed up and all revs available?
Yes, I basically am a feather foot until its warmed up and some.

assuming that you see the bypass valve close in the rearview mirror, similar articulation in each gear (incl 1st)?

I'll have to assess, but I recall the little arm open/closing in all gears. I'll have my gf take a video of the rear view one night soon

I'm still in the break in period so haven't been mashing the pedal. When should the boost kick in and start registering above 0%?

Finally has a dry day and was able to check this. 1st gear reading boost when foot planted, so no issue. I guess when I'm usually driving I wasn't paying much attention to the gauge or dash when running through first relatively quickly.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back