• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Raceseng Shifter Knobs

LuckyDog125

Reaction score
Super frustrated with trying to reach Raceseng - they dont answer their phones and emails arent being returned - been trying for 2 weeks. I know a lot of you have had succesful installations so hoping someone can advise. Are you ordering the knob for the Evora and it fits the Emira with no issues? Order the 12x1.55 mm adapter and good to go? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Super frustrated with trying to reach Raceseng - they dont answer their phones and emails arent being returned - been trying for 2 weeks. I know a lot of you have had succesful installations so hoping someone can advise. Are you ordering the knob for the Evora and it fits the Emira with no issues? Order the 12x1.55 mm adapter and good to go? Any feedback is much appreciated.
You've probably already seen it, but in case you haven't, this forum's thread entitled "Shift Knob Replacement" has a few posts on shift knob alternatives and some suggestions on the Raceseng knobs (including my own).

The quick answer to your question is Yes, the listed Evora knobs all fit the Emira since the mechanism is the same, and the adapter 12x1..50which they indicate when you're ordering the knob is the correct one for the Emira as well..
It's truly as shame that Raceseng's customer support is essentially non-existant, and it's beyond me why they haven't even bothered to update their website to include the Emira model. I guess the only consolation is that their product being so top notch, you will likely never need to contact them going forward anyway. At least, that has been my experience.

By the way, one of the concerns previously brought up by other members was if the Raceseng knob, including the adapter, would install at a higher height than the OEM knob, but that definitely was not the case with mine. I happen to have measured the before and after and the same hight was maintained. One very noticeable improvement however, is how much better the gear shifting feels with my weighted shift knob.

Lastly, a word of caution and a recommendation if you end up installing the Raceseng knob.. Follow this order: 1) Place Loctite threadlocker on the inside screw section of the adapter and then screw it on to the Emira's shifter arm (aka shifter fork); 2) once you've let the loctite set in well (at least one hour), then you can screw in your Raceseng shift knob, on trial and error basis, and adjust it with the adapter's top screw, until you get the correct orientation (should yours have engraving); 3) once the correct orientation is achieved, you could alternatively secure the shift knob to the adapter using loctite on the external screw side of the adapter.. Btw, I didn't do this 3rd step, as I found the shift knob to stay firmly in place (after driving it around a bit), without the need for this second step loctite. The order of steps 1 and 2 is important because the adapter will easily get stuck inside the knob, if you screw it in there first and becomes practically impossible to retrieve it.

Hope you find this helpful.

Last edited:
FWIW, I had a different experience with their customer service when I emailed them a couple of months ago. They were responsive and helpful.

I just ordered one of their knobs based on all the positive comments in the other thread.

You've probably already seen it, but in case you haven't, this forum's thread entitled "Shift Knob Replacement" has a few posts on shift knob alternatives and some suggestions on the Raceseng knobs (including my own).

The quick answer to your question is Yes, the listed Evora knobs all fit the Emira since the mechanism is the same, and the adapter 12x1..50which they indicate when you're ordering the knob is the correct one for the Emira as well..
It's truly as shame that Raceseng's customer support is essentially non-existant, and it's beyond me why they haven't even bothered to update their website to include the Emira model. I guess the only consolation is that their product being so top notch, you will likely never need to contact them going forward anyway. At least, that has been my experience.

By the way, one of the concerns previously brought up by other members was if the Raceseng knob, including the adapter, would install at a higher height than the OEM knob, but that definitely was not the case with mine. I happen to have measured the before and after and the same hight was maintained. One very noticeable improvement however, is how much better the gear shifting feels with my weighted shift knob.

Lastly, a word of caution and a recommendation if you end up installing the Raceseng knob.. Follow this order: 1) Place Loctite threadlocker on the inside screw section of the adapter and then screw it on to the Emira's shifter arm (aka shifter fork); 2) once you've let the loctite set in well (at least one hour), then you can screw in your Raceseng shift knob, on trial and error basis, and adjust it with the adapter's top screw, until you get the correct orientation (should yours have engraving); 3) once the correct orientation is achieved, you could alternatively secure the shift knob to the adapter using loctite on the external screw side of the adapter.. Btw, I didn't do this 3rd step, as I found the shift knob to stay firmly in place (after driving it around a bit), without the need for this second step loctite. The order of steps 1 and 2 is important because the adapter will easily get stuck inside the knob, if you screw it in there first and becomes practically impossible to retrieve it.

Hope you find this helpful.

Yes my thanks as well to crestima for the helpful advice. I saw elsewhere on the Forum, the OEM standard transmission Emira shift knob, is 46 mm (1.81") in diameter. That compares to the Raceseng Evora shift knobs that range from about 2" to 2.1", for any that I'd buy. My preferred Sphereology with letters/number, looks to have 2 available, but in the brushed aluminum only, whereas I'd like it in red/black to better match my Emira. The Nitro, Stratose and Traction styles (which also came in red/black at one point), look to be out of stock, as well. I've sent a "customer enquiry" to Raceseng today, asking if they'll be selling Emira shift knobs and the Sphereology one I'm looking for, in particular. I'll advise of their response.

The quest continues, to encourage these after-market accessory suppliers, to make things for the Emira!