• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

service provisions when an Emira is tied up at the dealer for repairs?

pascobob

Reaction score
The best I could get out of my nearest dealer (1 hour and 45 min.) away when I asked about a "loaner" or at least an "uber." The dealer responded with: each car would be dealt with on "a case by case basis." That is a limp wristed response for a 100K car. I have had dealers who would make sure customers are taken care of; I cannnot get that kind of commitment out of my local Lotus dealer. Maybe some of you have had better experience with service.

From B&C in the UK you generally get a basic car but I have have been loaned their Emira as well. I guess every dealer is different…

RDS (Lotus Philly) is pick up and delivery from the house.
But they are part of a large high-end dealership network in our area.
(Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren, Ineos, BAC)
I think if they were stand alone, that service probably wouldn't be available.

The best I could get out of my nearest dealer (1 hour and 45 min.) away when I asked about a "loaner" or at least an "uber." The dealer responded with: each car would be dealt with on "a case by case basis." That is a limp wristed response for a 100K car. I have had dealers who would make sure customers are taken care of; I cannnot get that kind of commitment out of my local Lotus dealer. Maybe some of you have had better experience with service.
My 150k Z06 doesn't get me a loaner either :-( Not sure what the local Lotus dealer will do but I suspect nada

My lotus dealer that is part of a local subaru dealership always gives me a subaru loaner.

I bought through Lotus of Dallas, and had to take my car in for a CEL at around 400 miles on the odometer.

The dealership is a 3.5 hour round trip from where I live. When I got there and inquired about a loaner for the day, I was initially told I could rent a car from them, but that Lotus had no provision for a free loaner car. The head of the service department called and got Lotus to cover the cost of the rental, which was nice, but if I hadn’t asked, and the service manager hadn’t asked, I would have been out of luck.

The service manager’s suggestion was that the next time I have a CEL, call roadside assistance, and they would come tow the car to the dealership. Therefore I wouldn’t have to waste half a day driving back and forth to the dealership.

On the one hand that would be great, on the other hand, I’m not sure I trust my car being towed 200+ miles, and then the tow company owning up to any damage incurred in transit.

Reactions: MPD
What problems are you having that is requiring the Emira to be in the shop? I'm guessing you're in Pasco county, is your dealer Lotus of Orlando? I had my deposit through them and test drove their mule, but ultimately was able to buy from an orphaned Emira in NC and got my deposit back from Orlando. In my experience, Paulo and the Orlando Lotus staff were top notch, I'm a bit surprised they can't offer you anything (ie a used loaner car)

My local dealer also services Aston Martin and they do offer loaners, thou it's just a Nissan Leaf. But they usually only offer a loaner when the car is required to stay for an extended period of time

I’m in the UK and have been told I’ll get an Emira while they are sorting the blisters but any other time there’s no guarantee of getting any car. Mine goes in for the HVAC in just over a week and I’m getting a car but only because I pushed it back until I get one.
You guys in the US get a tough time if you live a long way from a dealer and feel for you. I said I have to have a car because I’m 15 miles from the nearest dealer. 😂

I’m in the UK and have been told I’ll get an Emira while they are sorting the blisters but any other time there’s no guarantee of getting any car. Mine goes in for the HVAC in just over a week and I’m getting a car but only because I pushed it back until I get one.
You guys in the US get a tough time if you live a long way from a dealer and feel for you. I said I have to have a car because I’m 15 miles from the nearest dealer. 😂
thank you ; this helps

What problems are you having that is requiring the Emira to be in the shop? I'm guessing you're in Pasco county, is your dealer Lotus of Orlando? I had my deposit through them and test drove their mule, but ultimately was able to buy from an orphaned Emira in NC and got my deposit back from Orlando. In my experience, Paulo and the Orlando Lotus staff were top notch, I'm a bit surprised they can't offer you anything (ie a used loaner car)
Yes I had a Lotus years ago and would have it serviced in Orlando. I wonder if I bought an Aston if I would receive better customer care. Prior to Orlando Dimmit Luxury Motors in Pinellas Park used to sell and service Lotus. That dealership consistently gave me outstanding customer care. Lotus in Naples never answer my inquiry; it will open a dealership in Sarasota in a couple of years. I love the look of Emira but I anticipate wasting a lot of time and money on repairs and without a luxury dealer that provides superior customer care, I may back off and buy something else. Things would be diffeent if I lived in Orlando. Thanks for your comments.

Yes I had a Lotus years ago and would have it serviced in Orlando. I wonder if I bought an Aston if I would receive better customer care. Prior to Orlando Dimmit Luxury Motors in Pinellas Park used to sell and service Lotus. That dealership consistently gave me outstanding customer care. Lotus in Naples never answer my inquiry; it will open a dealership in Sarasota in a couple of years. I love the look of Emira but I anticipate wasting a lot of time and money on repairs and without a luxury dealer that provides superior customer care, I may back off and buy something else. Things would be diffeent if I lived in Orlando. Thanks for your comments.
ps the lotus mechanic in Orlando was top notch; I don't know if he is still there. The staff only could offer me vague "case by case." Alfa used to rend me car before covid; now give me Lyft even out of warranty. Orlando is not offering me that.

If you look at the reliability thread, only two owners on the poll have noted they have been to the dealer multiple times. The later cars are decently well-sorted. Not Lexus reliable, but not Land Rover laughable.

If you look at the reliability thread, only two owners on the poll have noted they have been to the dealer multiple times. The later cars are decently well-sorted. Not Lexus reliable, but not Land Rover laughable.
thanks that helps