• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Steering wheel creaking noise

Tobiasz17azs

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm encountering something strange with my Lotus Emira. When it’s hot and I’m back from a spirited ride, I get a creaking noise from my steering wheel. It seems like it’s coming from the suspension or undertray. And you can clearly hear that inside the car (creek noise when turning steering wheel) Has anyone else had the same issue?

@_lotusemira

Attachments

• IMG_1275.mov
    17.1 MB
Hey,

I'm encountering something strange with my Lotus Emira. When it’s hot and I’m back from a spirited ride, I get a creaking noise from my steering wheel. It seems like it’s coming from the suspension or undertray. And you can clearly hear that inside the car (creek noise when turning steering wheel) Has anyone else had the same issue?

@_lotusemira
Hiya. There's been several threads about noises like that. I had it for a while when I first took delivery but it seemed to go away on its own. Here's the most comprehensive thread...

Hiya. There's been several threads about noises like that. I had it for a while when I first took delivery but it seemed to go away on its own. Here's the most comprehensive thread...

I was there . Looks like people there have few different issues . How long have you wait till noise disappear. Im at 1300 miles and looks like dealership need to look at it . Unless someone knows how to fix so I’ll try it

Mine went fairly quickly. It was definitely gone by 1000 miles when I had the oil changed. From memory of the thread, top suspect was the undertray sections being loose. However, I think someone ended up having loads of steering parts replaced!

I checked the bolts of undertray yesterday and they seemed to be ok :(
Mine went fairly quickly. It was definitely gone by 1000 miles when I had the oil changed. From memory of the thread, top suspect was the undertray sections being loose. However, I think someone ended up having loads of steering parts replaced!

Wondering if anyone has been able to pinpoint what the issue is here. Im at 2300 miles and the sound after the drives seems to be louder (I didn't notice it on my initial break in).

Wondering if anyone has been able to pinpoint what the issue is here. Im at 2300 miles and the sound after the drives seems to be louder (I didn't notice it on my initial break in).
My car is going to the dealership September 9 to fix this issue . I’ll give you update when I get the car back .

Upload video of your problem if you can
Wondering if anyone has been able to pinpoint what the issue is here. Im at 2300 miles and the sound after the drives seems to be louder (I didn't notice it on my initial break in)

Didn’t upload any videos because it’s essentially the same as the other videos.

Took it to the dealer and they’re ordering a new steering rack 🤞

Didn’t upload any videos because it’s essentially the same as the other videos.

Took it to the dealer and they’re ordering a new steering rack 🤞
I brought my car few days to dealership and they ordering same - steering rack . I hope that will fix the issue for both of us