• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

To each their own…

MickOpalak

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Folks,

We’ve got to be thankful. Lotus has blessed us with so many choices. Sport or touring chassis. Auto or manual transmissions. Lots of great interior and exterior colors.

Speccing your own Emira can be daunting with so many choices, but in the end your spec is your spec. Far too often in threads discussing these choices I see a lot of name calling for other people’s choices. If someone else prefers a different chassis, different transmission, or color, there’s no need to call them stupid, talentless, a non-enthusiast, or anything else. Let it go. To each their own.

My observation in general is that folks on these forums are pretty accepting. And honestly, there really isn’t much to choose from on an Emira compared to other cars (hello, Porsche?!), so maybe that helps.

There will always be a few that are dismissive, but they seem to be in the minority for sure.

I've not seen any of what you speak of in this forum.
I have found the users of Emira forum to be quite supportive and helpful.
There has definitely been a little toxicity towards those who chose automatics, but in general this has been a very welcoming and friendly forum.

I think this forum is a lot more accepting and respectful than the other avenues I use to get Lotus news like Facebook groups.

There has definitely been a little toxicity towards those who chose automatics, but in general this has been a very welcoming and friendly forum.
I test drove an IPS Evora GT at Lotus Philly. I have to admit I didn't hate it and wouldn't knock anyone for choosing it.

In reality I'm sure I've seen more of this negativity on FB groups than here in this forum. I didn't mean to cast this forum in a bad light. It's a great forum.

I agree with @squish that the majority of negative comments towards builds (which aren't many) have been very targeted towards the automatics. Considering the extra wait they're enduring, we should be giving them sympathy and not lectures.

That being said, I believe the negative comments have been far and few between and almost all the members are willing to help out one another. I really do look forward to the day we can organize a national get together so that I can give thanks to all those who have helped me!

I find that to be the norm across different brand forums. We should all be extremely thankful that we have a choice and respect each other's decisions if a MT or Auto fit there personal driving needs.

Last edited: