• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Track Insurance?

mdiehl

Reaction score
Hello all. Just made the break in period in time for a track day put on by my dealer on Monday. They sent a link to a company that does track insurance. Looks like it is almost $600 for the day and has a deductible of $10,500. I know the answer to this is going to be, "is the risk worth it to you to decline..." but I am curious what people's further thoughts are or if you have found companies that do this differently. I'm leaning towards declining and keeping that fact in the back of my mind on track Monday. That and if something happens I hope it's less than $11k. :)

It is just like any insurance, house wins but when shit happens it is nice that you had it. I would only file a claim on a total loss anyway but I still buy it after all these years. I like ontrackinsurance they still have decent rates.

That is really all you are paying for. I also try to do only multi-day events (2-3 days) to spread the cost as the cost is per event not per day.

Keep in mind if you wreck or drop oil you also are on the hook for track repairs etc.

ontrack is definitely a good option. It really depends on your experience level, how hard you plan on pushing, and the type of track. I run multiple track days a year with a group of guys who range from novice to advanced. None of us use track insurance even though a couple have gone all 4 off. But the tracks we run have large run offs, no walls close that you could damage a car. If the $$$ gives you peace of mind then it's worth it. Either way, enjoy the day and have fun.