• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

V6 Emira oil amount

lllnavarrolll

Reaction score
Hello does anyone know how much oil the V6 takes? I’m trying to change my oil but I can’t find how much oil is needed in the booklets that are in the glove box.

Mine's just back from it's first service - dealer invoice is for 6 litres of engine oil....

Mine's just back from it's first service - dealer invoice is for 6 litres of engine oil....
Here's a weird thing...I went to change the oil on my 2GR-FE Lexus ES350, and the capacity is...6.4 quarts. Same as the Emira. Why does the Emira not require more? I would have thought the addition of the supercharger would call for its own allocation in the reservoir.

Here's a weird thing...I went to change the oil on my 2GR-FE Lexus ES350, and the capacity is...6.4 quarts. Same as the Emira. Why does the Emira not require more? I would have thought the addition of the supercharger would call for its own allocation in the reservoir.
Most supercharger housings have a dedicated internal oil. I don't think the unit on the Emira shares the engine oil supply.

Go to minute 7 for an example. This is an Eaton SC as well (just not in an Edelbrock housing)