• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

195 Days & 0 Calls

In more positive news, we saw a different kind of timer at Hethel yesterday: the clock counting down to the first day of customer car production. 44 days and counting....

The press reviews will be out in a couple of months.

Yeah. I’ve decided to stop my count. It’s an honor to be a part of this wait.

#ForThePatient

You're right to keep highlighting the lack of comms from your dealer and Lotus USA. I hope things improve over the next few weeks as the dealers get more info. On the plus side, it can't get any worse can it?

I see the wait as part of the experience ;) I also think there's just so few information out, because the ordering process started way earlier than the actual deliveries, and way before there's an actual finished product. When Porsche announced the GT4 RS, the first customers had to wait like three weeks for their cars. Nevertheless, I prefer Lotus' approach , because you may have to wait for a long time, but you also have that waiting time to prepare for what's coming. Not everybody in that market has a 100.000€ laying around ready to be spent on a car you just heard of one minute ago. Others don't have space for another car or whatever... In other words Porsches strategy is perfect for very rich people that like to get a few more bucks for flipping expensive cars. The way Lotus does it is perfect for lovers of the brand, for enthusiasts, for people that are fulfilling a dream with owning such a special car and therefore probably exactly for that kind of person they want to reach as a brand: for the drivers. That said, there's also a very big structural change happening within the brand with new facilities, plans to tripple production, making big progress in quality, etc. while facing a global pandemic, and still there's nearly no delay on what they promised regarding first deliveries. I think they could perform worse.

I see the wait as part of the experience ;) I also think there's just so few information out, because the ordering process started way earlier than the actual deliveries, and way before there's an actual finished product. When Porsche announced the GT4 RS, the first customers had to wait like three weeks for their cars. Nevertheless, I prefer Lotus' approach , because you may have to wait for a long time, but you also have that waiting time to prepare for what's coming. Not everybody in that market has a 100.000€ laying around ready to be spent on a car you just heard of one minute ago. Others don't have space for another car or whatever... In other words Porsches strategy is perfect for very rich people that like to get a few more bucks for flipping expensive cars. The way Lotus does it is perfect for lovers of the brand, for enthusiasts, for people that are fulfilling a dream with owning such a special car and therefore probably exactly for that kind of person they want to reach as a brand: for the drivers. That said, there's also a very big structural change happening within the brand with new facilities, plans to tripple production, making big progress in quality, etc. while facing a global pandemic, and still there's nearly no delay on what they promised regarding first deliveries. I think they could perform worse.
I too am in the whats the rush category. I write below with the most kind and generous of heart mindset.

And.....

Any info prior to type approval and sales, yes real sales risks becoming idle speculation. Who truly knows what will be in the dealers showrooms? The first deliveries are still five months away. If anything Lotus have announced the car too soon in my books. There would be an equal out cry by the impatient if the car they thought they were getting was not the car that the type approval authorities certified for use on the road. Yes I know some things like paint and finishings will not be affected by type approval and can be released early.

I get the "I am very important and I need to know like now" and on the other hand the car is not coming until June/Sep. There is no need to fill my mind with data that I cant do any thing with. When my delivery slot comes available I will choose from the information before me. In the mean time I can use my mind for more constructive stuff.

My view is take a chill pill, red or blue, I do not particularly care which. Go hug a tree, eat some granola and trust the process. This is going to be one special car. For more constructive for me is to meditate my enjoyment driving my Emira. It could be to the pub for a swift half, carving a canyon, sashaying down a B road or returning home as the sun sets after a fantastic day at the track. Just sitting in the car hearing the gentle ticking and clicking as the car cools down from a lovely drive.

So please guys, I love the enthusiasm and lets just relax a bit and trust all will be revealed when you need to know it. The great motoring Gods out there wants you to enjoy your Emira, yes this is the truth. Trust that this will happen.

My only concern is Lotus have a habit of launching cars just as the world economy turns south, just saying....a recession is around the corner.....

We heard a development Emira cooling down after a brisk track session and that ticking from the brake disks as they cool. Thanks for reminding me of one of those little moments that makes these cars special.

Already making plans for some epic driving adventures later this year. And popping out to get a pint of milk is going to take ages :)