992.2 not impressed

seriously

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think Porsche has revealed now the 992.2 GTS, GT3 and GT3 touring.

The GTS with the hybrid is moving even further into super GT mode. And they haven't really improved the GT3 all that much if anything taken away cool things like the analogue/digital tach. The best change they've introduced is the folding carbon bucket seats and the option for rear seats in the GT3 touring. I think it fits that use case and will be very popular. Otherwise, meh. If they felt restricted in their options they could have at least offered more visual cues or customization options that really set the 992.2 GT3s apart from the 992.1. While the GT3 will have some borrowed components from the S/T or RS models, what if they added a DRS wing? I think that would have nailed it and the 992.2 GT3 would be more popular than the 992.1 GT3. As it is with Porsche sales softening I'm not sure how well these cars will do. Porsche has had an amazing run of cars that have outsized demand, but I think that's going to change. Electric macon and electric cayman? I don't think the market demand is there and those are the higher volume cars.

I'm not in the market for a 911 but admittedly really like the 992.1 from a pure design POV. It's beautiful inside and out. I hope the people who have to have the newest 911 will lead to lower pricing for the 992.1 models. The 992.1 T and 992.1 GT3s are sweet cars.

I've frankly never been a Porsche guy. Never really understood the lineage or the cars etc. And for a non P guy they all look the same. While I have had my deposit in waiting on an i4, all of the various issues with the Emira (not to mention delays) had me looking elsewhere. Since my car will be a DD I am concerned a bit, plus the lack of loaner has me concerned as well. So I went and drove a Porsche for the first time and got a bit of the P bug. I started studying the cars to learn more about them etc. I ended up putting myself on a list for a 2025 911 GTS. The technology is intriguing and I think it will be lightening fast. I have mine optioned with the aerokit to make it look more interesting. I still think the Emira looks better tbh. The Porsche comes out about 100k more though which is a tough pill to swallow as the price increase was 20k for 2025 not to mention the million options available. So it's not a real fair comparison at all at that price point. That's assuming no adm which most places are charging. So my plan now is to see which comes in first, the Emira or P car. Both have their pros and cons. I agree about the GT3, I was not impressed with it during the announcement several days ago.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back