• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Active Electrical Module Cooling

Sandalwood

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Since my Emira has not yet arrived after 974 days since my deposit, I have been consoling myself by reading the owner's manual. 😋 There were some interesting items, such as having a solar sensor to help provide extra cooling to the side of the car where the sun is entering (common on nice cars, but still a nice touch). However, there is a passage I have never seen in any vehicle manual before, and that I did not find in this forum by searching:

Active Electrical Module Cooling
When required, cooling air from the
climate system is diverted to some
of the electrical modules positioned
behind the dashboard area to ensure
optimal performance.
If activated, the climate fan and air
conditioning functions may automat-
ically activate or adjust their current
settings.

That's a new one on me.

If it were doing the cryo-thing on the audio units, that could be the reason why people are divided on the KEF system :ROFLMAO:

Since my Emira has not yet arrived after 974 days since my deposit, I have been consoling myself by reading the owner's manual. 😋 There were some interesting items, such as having a solar sensor to help provide extra cooling to the side of the car where the sun is entering (common on nice cars, but still a nice touch). However, there is a passage I have never seen in any vehicle manual before, and that I did not find in this forum by searching:

That's a new one on me.
Sounds a bit over complicated to me.id sooner the whole HVAC system be simple and reliable then I wouldn’t have spent all summer boiling to death while waiting for it to get fixed.