Alcantara Steering Wheels?

I've had leather steering wheels on all my previous cars, so I went with alcantara. I tried alcantara steering wheels from Porches and they felt really good. The alcantara from Lotus didn't disappoint me either. It's more grippy and more special.

I make sure I don’t eat and drink in the car and love the alcantara on my steering wheel. I make sure I wash my hands before driving my car and it’s staying pretty clean.
Once a year I make a very weak solution of washing up liquid and water to clean it. I use a white towel that doesn’t shed fibres and wipe it down with clean water and clean part of the towel. Comes out like new.
Well that’s just reasonable behavior when you own a nice car. 😂

Alcantara vs Leather, so few choices. If only Lotus were to also offer Synthetic Resin, hmmm :)View attachment 53596...
That sounds like a great idea but I’m not sure Lotus would want it described as having that, like having faux leather.
I’m sure the Porsche owners would love to pick up on that when comparison reviews are made. 😂

Alcantara just feels better to me - not sure it warrants 400 quid though - but it must do, because I spent it.

I'll update you in 5 years when it's absorbed a bit of McDonald's grease and dead skin... might change my mind then!

I have a confession to make. I too wanted to get alcantara for the sexy feel.

After talking to my cousin who tried and failed to keep his wheel clean I chickened out and went with leather. If I went with alcantara seats I would 100% go alcantara wheel and just do my best. I am OCD about keeping my car clean especially my wheel.

I have a confession to make. I too wanted to get alcantara for the sexy feel.

After talking to my cousin who tried and failed to keep his wheel clean I chickened out and went with leather. If I went with alcantara seats I would 100% go alcantara wheel and just do my best. I am OCD about keeping my car clean especially my wheel.

There is always the option of having it re-covered when it's knackered - and then I can have yellow stitching on it too.

Why that was only an option on the auto I'll never know? (wheel's made at different factories I believe - but still...).

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back