๐Ÿ““ Journals Alex's Verde Ithaca Evora GT Journal

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
Summer is finally here and car season officially back in swing in my part of the world. This morning's local Cars & Coffee season opener was something else! There had to be around 4k people there and I saw everything from Paganis, Bugattis, and Rimacs to Cyber Trucks, a Huracan Sterrato, and a 3 wheel Reliant Robin! There were even 4 other Evoras and a Lotus Seven there!

I stopped by Lotus of Philly on my way home in hopes of seeing Atlantis Blue in person, but it was tucked away when I got there. I did get to finally see Seneca (close to the spec I originally ordered) and Dark Verdant in person finally. Stunning cars! Can't wait to start seeing these on the road.

I posted some pics from the meet and with the Seneca Emira on my Instagram:

Summer is finally here and car season officially back in swing in my part of the world. This morning's local Cars & Coffee season opener was something else! There had to be around 4k people there and I saw everything from Paganis, Bugattis, and Rimacs to Cyber Trucks, a Huracan Sterrato, and a 3 wheel Reliant Robin! There were even 4 other Evoras and a Lotus Seven there!

I stopped by Lotus of Philly on my way home in hopes of seeing Atlantis Blue in person, but it was tucked away when I got there. I did get to finally see Seneca (close to the spec I originally ordered) and Dark Verdant in person finally. Stunning cars! Can't wait to start seeing these on the road.

I posted some pics from the meet and with the Seneca Emira on my Instagram:

Nice Spyker!! Also, great shots! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Haven't had time to update this journal, but not a lot new. I've been out of the country for a bit and managed to break my right hand soon after I got home, so no shifting for me. It's been like 4 weeks since I've driven my Lotus and it's killing me, especially since the weather is getting better. ๐Ÿ˜” I'm going to try to drive it this Saturday to the Houston Cafe C&C in Gap, PA.

I've been shopping tires for the GT too. Currently still have the Michelin Alpins on and debating if I even want to throw on the OEM Cup2s for summer. Tread is getting low and they've had quite a few heat cycles over the years. I'll probably end up with PS4S since they're proven and I won't have to swap them out in the winter, but I was considering the new Advan AD09s or even the Firehawk Indy 500s (awesome tires and $500 cheaper than the others, but I'll probably get kicked out of the exotic meets if I show up with them... Jk ๐Ÿ˜‚).

1000023247.png

In other exciting news, my buddy finally got his Emira! We both ordered together in June 2021 and he waited it out. He's been able to live vicariously through my Evora and now, after 1027 days, the Emira is finally here. Here's a shot from yesterday when we picked it up from the PPF shop. It's still in the break in period, but it's a blast to drive even with keeping it under 4k and in normal mode. Now I get to live vicariously though him! I was so excited I bought him a 3rd cat delete from @GRP (also as a thank you for helping install my Moroso pan over the winter). ๐Ÿ˜

1000023248.jpg

Hey guys, haven't updated this journal lately and figured I'd share some recent pics. Car season has been in full effect and getting the Evora out as often as possible. Ended up getting new Continental ECS02s and absolutely loving them. They were on sale Memorial Day weekend at TireRack for like $350 cheaper than a new set of PS4S. I wanted to try something new and many hours of research led me to these bad boys. They have a stiffer sidewall and are ~1lb lighter than PS4S as well, so seemed like a good option. I also had a fantastic experience with TireRack's mobile install service. Their tech did it right in my driveway and was prepared with soft sided impact sockets and the Lotus wheel torque spec already dialed into his digital torque wrench. Highly recommended!

I have a lot more to update, but for now I'll just share a couple shots from last weekend.

1000025381.jpg

1000025386.jpg

1000025385.jpg

Also had the recent pleasure of picking up forum member and new friend @NicolasB at the airport to assist in his exciting new Lotus acquisition.. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

dji_fly_20240614_133058_484_1718393714301_photo.jpg

dji_fly_20240614_133110_485_1718393714298_photo.jpg

And since this is an Emira forum... Here's me and @24EmiraUS ๐Ÿ˜‰

20240703_200124 (2).jpg

I love that Gulf spec Evora GT.
I remember seeing it at Wistar's place.
If I hadn't been waiting for my Emira at the time I would have scooped it up.
Great spec!

I love that Gulf spec Evora GT.
I remember seeing it at Wistar's place.
If I hadn't been waiting for my Emira at the time I would have scooped it up.
Great spec!

Agreed! It's awesome. The interior is really nice too with the deviated stitching and paint matched trim.

Hey guys, haven't updated this journal lately and figured I'd share some recent pics. Car season has been in full effect and getting the Evora out as often as possible. Ended up getting new Continental ECS02s and absolutely loving them. They were on sale Memorial Day weekend at TireRack for like $350 cheaper than a new set of PS4S. I wanted to try something new and many hours of research led me to these bad boys. They have a stiffer sidewall and are ~1lb lighter than PS4S as well, so seemed like a good option. I also had a fantastic experience with TireRack's mobile install service. Their tech did it right in my driveway and was prepared with soft sided impact sockets and the Lotus wheel torque spec already dialed into his digital torque wrench. Highly recommended!

I have a lot more to update, but for now I'll just share a couple shots from last weekend.

View attachment 47953

View attachment 47954

View attachment 47955

Also had the recent pleasure of picking up forum member and new friend @NicolasB at the airport to assist in his exciting new Lotus acquisition.. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

View attachment 47959

View attachment 47958

And since this is an Emira forum... Here's me and @24EmiraUS ๐Ÿ˜‰

View attachment 47956
Whoooaaa, congrats @NicolasB !! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽŠ Seeing all the bright colours in this thread makes my day. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ

Got both my toys out for some roller shots! Both very different but also very fun to drive in their own way. The MK7 GTI is the ultimate daily driver and weekend track toy IMO. It's a blast to drive around town and inexpensive to mod. A $600 reflash netted +100HP and it's been extremely reliable since buying new in 2017. The low end torque makes it feel super peppy in the twisties and I love the versatility of the 4 door hot hatch. The Lotus is on another level with epic handling, driver engagement, and exotic looks. I love both so much!

DSC07674 (1) (1).jpg

1000025515.jpg

Quick update.. This summer has been fantastic with the Lotus! Not only mine, but also driving (and modding) by friend's Emira! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Last weekend I attended the British Car Club of Delaware's annual fall car show and took home 1st in the Future Classics category! I was happy since I spent the previous 2 days prepping and ceramic coating the entire car. ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿ’Ž

Then this past Sunday I happened to wake up early and decided to run up to Mainline Cars & Coffee. There are always some special cars that show up.. Last time there were a couple Paganis and a Rimac! Well, Sunday did not disappoint.. My jaw dropped when I saw my all-time favorite classic exotic roll in with a matching modern exotic. Miura + Miura edition Aventador! ๐Ÿคค I wanted to badly to squeeze between them for pics together, but the place was swarmed with people. Here are a few pics.. Posted a lot more on my Instagram.

1000028251.jpg

20240913_082033.jpg

1000028250.jpg

1000028124.jpg

1000028136.jpg

Today I pulled the under tray and inspected the Moroso pan for the first time since I installed it on 1/1/24. Happy to report zero issues! No leaks, everything is tight, and pan looks good.

I have a pinned story on my Instagram page that includes all Moroso related videos for those interested.

20241014_155846.jpg

Do all three bottom plugs need to be removed to drain the oil? Has anyone installed one of these pans on an Emira yet?

Do all three bottom plugs need to be removed to drain the oil? Has anyone installed one of these pans on an Emira yet?

No the 3 plugs are used to access the internal studs that you must bolt the oil pan on with. Only the drain plug is removed to drain the oil.

Monkey Wrench Racing said they had sold 2 for the Emira back in July but have not had confirmation of installation yet.

1728941697138.png

No the 3 plugs are used to access the internal studs that you must bolt the oil pan on with. Only the drain plug is removed to drain the oil.

Monkey Wrench Racing said they had sold 2 for the Emira back in July but have not had confirmation of installation yet.

View attachment 53368

Correct! Just the gold magnetic drain plug needs to be removed to drain the oil. The black one is a -10AN female fitting (for use with supercharger return lines) and there is another one on the opposite side next to the 1/8" N.P.T. fitting (for oil temperature sender).

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back