• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

AMG - 400HP / 354 lb-ft - Emira Specs on Lotus portal

Emira Fan

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus has just posted the Turbo Spec on the main lotus portal.

Suspect when Car & Driver performs their Road test (with rollout subtracted) it should beat the Mercedes CLA 45s - thinking 3.6 sec to 60.

Screen Shot 2024-08-09 at 10.12.19 PM.png

Suspect when Car & Driver performs their Road test (with rollout subtracted) it should beat the Mercedes CLA 45s - thinking 3.6 sec to 60.

View attachment 49388
I think you are right on….. on the Chinese YouTube BiliBili the I4 AMG got clocked at 3.57 sec. But it’s the torque that is more exciting.
Per lotus site the I4 and the V6:

Attachments

• IMG_3263.jpeg
    IMG_3263.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3264.jpeg
    IMG_3264.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 90
So glad I jumped on because i hadn't checked in a few hours ago. This has been warping my brain since the news broke that the US I4 FE will be 400HP.

Despite listing the V6 on the updated specs page, it appears as though Lotus is still only allowing configurations of the i4. I'm still thinking they're going to go all in on the i4 and kill off the V6 sooner rather than later.

Despite listing the V6 on the updated specs page, it appears as though Lotus is still only allowing configurations of the i4. I'm still thinking they're going to go all in on the i4 and kill off the V6 sooner rather than later.
💯
A 2025 base v6 and then that’s it.

At this point, besides the fact of a manual transmission (which is a big deal) the i4 will be superior in almost every way. Lower centre of gravity, slightly lighter, DCT shifting transmission, lower end torque. For a performance car it will be very quick. IMO it should be very competitive against a Cayman GT4 on track.

At this point, besides the fact of a manual transmission (which is a big deal) the i4 will be superior in almost every way. Lower centre of gravity, slightly lighter, DCT shifting transmission, lower end torque. For a performance car it will be very quick. IMO it should be very competitive against a Cayman GT4 on track.
I mean engine sound the V6 blows the I4 out of the water…

I mean engine sound the V6 blows the I4 out of the water…
I did say "almost" in every way haha... but yes sound, reliability?? and manual interaction to me are the superior aspects of the V6.

For me personally the V6 manual is fantastic and no doubt the right sports car for my use. The i4 @ 400 BHP will be by far the better performance machine.

The i4 @ 400 BHP will be by far the better performance machine.

Eh, I don't know about that. The power curve is completely different between the turbo 4 and supercharged V6. The low end torque on the turbo will be fun around town for sure, but the power drops off up high. The V6 is extremely linear and pulls all the way to redline and wants to keep going. I'd like to see both driven head to head around a track by comperable drivers.

I'm curious to see how heat management factors into the i4 aftermarket offerings. The M139 has a lot of tuning potential but heat will be an issue in the Emira's mid-engine layout. Also hoping and expecting to see some transmission tuning as well. Dual clutches are lightning quick, but I hear the stock Emira programing leaves a lot to be desired.

And IIRC, weight is pretty close between both powertrains.

Eh, I don't know about that. The power curve is completely different between the turbo 4 and supercharged V6. The low end torque on the turbo will be fun around town for sure, but the power drops off up high. The V6 is extremely linear and pulls all the way to redline and wants to keep going. I'd like to see both driven head to head around a track by comperable drivers.

I'm curious to see how heat management factors into the i4 aftermarket offerings. The M139 has a lot of tuning potential but heat will be an issue in the Emira's mid-engine layout. Also hoping and expecting to see some transmission tuning as well. Dual clutches are lightning quick, but I hear the stock Emira programing leaves a lot to be desired.

True, but based on the Italian track test between the V6 and a 365 BHP i4 - it looks like even at 365 BHP it was a fair amount quicker. (with cup 2's on the i4 - Still beat a manual GT4 on Cup 2's) Adding the extra 35 BHP will only make it wider. Knocking on the GT4's track times.

I love both variants. My choice came down to which one I'd get delivered quicker. Exhaust is great on the V6; I also have 4 pots that sound pretty bloody good too. It isn't about which one is better. I'm just glad the US got the 400HP variant of the I4. Those that chose the manual congrats. Great choice..... But ulitmately, no matter what variant you choose, the car is epic and will provide smiles for miles.

Where is a dyno for the I4 vs V6 available? I haven't seen that.

Impressive specs for the i4. Completely expect it to be faster and feel fast given the low end torque. For many this will be the better car.

Still feel good about the v6 since it sounds incredible and is the only manual option. This way both configurations have a different appeal.

Like some people want the GT2 with PDK and others want the GT3 manual. Both are great cars.

True, but based on the Italian track test between the V6 and a 365 BHP i4 - it looks like even at 365 BHP it was a fair amount quicker. (with cup 2's on the i4 - Still beat a manual GT4 on Cup 2's) Adding the extra 35 BHP will only make it wider. Knocking on the GT4's track times.

Hopefully along with HP increase AMG engineers spent additional time optimizing the DCT for the Emria's weight. Suspect after all the poor reviews from the early press cars this was top of mind. Suspect MY24 Turbos shifting will be improved, widening the gap vs the GT4.

Hopefully along with HP increase AMG engineers spent additional time optimizing the DCT for the Emria's weight. Suspect after all the poor reviews from the early press cars this was top of mind. Suspect MY24 Turbos shifting will be improved, widening the gap vs the GT4.
I would expect the opposite. I think they more or less lift and drop the unit. Based on reviews the manual shift paddle to DCT relay seems a bit laggy. This is 100% non-issue when driving in full automatic as the DCT itself shifts quickly. I would not expect a PDK like experience in manual mode.

I love both variants. My choice came down to which one I'd get delivered quicker. Exhaust is great on the V6; I also have 4 pots that sound pretty bloody good too. It isn't about which one is better. I'm just glad the US got the 400HP variant of the I4. Those that chose the manual congrats. Great choice..... But ulitmately, no matter what variant you choose, the car is epic and will provide smiles for miles.
Exactly, both variants give different experiences. The sound of the V6 is incredible and the manual is a blast. However, at 6’6” tall, size 14 shoes, the clutch/pedals are difficult to operate, not impossible, but not comfortable. So, everyone has their reasons for which experience that want. With that said, the AMG paired with Lotus is epic. State of the art cutting edge technology paired with Lotus genetics. It’s always been about the way a Lotus drives and feels. The extra HP is just a great bonus…

The I4 was much quicker around the track than the V6 in this test because of Sport suspension and cup2s. Touring and Goodyears will add a couple seconds to the lap time.

The I4 was much quicker around the track than the V6 in this test because of Sport suspension and cup2s. Touring and Goodyears will add a couple seconds to the lap time.
agreed, I was more surprised that the 365 BHP Emira beat a Cayman GT4 manual and came very close to the PDK GT4 time. Perhaps this reviewer isn't the best manual driver, but it's the closest review we have seen with the GT4 vs Emira i4 times. I also don't think sport suspension and cup 2's would gain 2 seconds... that would beat the GT4's time, but it would certainly shave some time.

I would expect the opposite. I think they more or less lift and drop the unit. Based on reviews the manual shift paddle to DCT relay seems a bit laggy. This is 100% non-issue when driving in full automatic as the DCT itself shifts quickly. I would not expect a PDK like experience in manual mode.
Just read in another thread, Lotus has a software update for the I4 that addresses the lag when using flappy paddles. If true, that is great!

Attachments

• IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 35

View attachment 49388
Ran my VIN on the UK based and then the US decoder…… confused. The UK say 400bhp, the US decoder says 360bhp but power is rated at 298kw which is 400? Can anyone clearify?? Is this for the CARB cert? Or is this first batch of I4 360hp? Confusing is advertising the I4 for USA is 400hp. Please
chime in if anyone can make sense of this.

Attachments

• IMG_3352.jpeg
    IMG_3352.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3354.jpeg
    IMG_3354.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 28
Back