• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

An argument for installing PPF at the Lotus dealership

My dealer confirmed their PPF is done by a third-party (albeit very reputable) company. The price is about $2k above what it would be at home from another reputable company. The upside: The dealer's recommended vendor has done about a dozen Emiras. My local vendors have not seen one.

The warranty on the film and install is the same, so I am torn. $2k seems like a big premium for "we've done one before".
If you decide to go with a vendor that hasn't done an Emira before, I'd suggest at least showing them this thread and the photos above. And talk about how they might avoid running into similar issues.

I would also try to negotiate with the dealer.

Just my 2 cents.

So been told the I4 ordered in May 2024 is built and should be here Oct/Nov at Philly Dealer.
They sent e mail with protection or body and wheels package..
Not interested in wheel package but thinking on PDF of complete Front and mirrors..
They have price of 3k for this coverage...
What are most of you paying for full front PDF ???
Is this price on par with other vendors and of course quality of doing PDF matters..

So I have to ask is this really worth doing whole car ?? I can see the whole front ...Living in NJ and we have dividing walls and years ago riding the Harley I found out that when you ride next to these walls you get a swirl of energy coming off other cars and the debris that flies and stings your skin and face was a eye opener to what it would do to any car finish...So having owned a few Evora's I would do everything to stay away from the dividing wall.. And of course if I see a truck/jeep I stay way back to prevent debris coming off their tires...But only putting few thousand miles per say on Lotus a year really wonder if the whole PPF is worth it??
Would like to hear what others think on matter and if damage is being done putting on PPF that just does not seem worth it ..
My “special cars” have PPF, just gives me peace of mind. It’s expensive but I thought it’s worth my investment. I live in NY and you know how crazy the drive is 😀

So been told the I4 ordered in May 2024 is built and should be here Oct/Nov at Philly Dealer.
They sent e mail with protection or body and wheels package..
Not interested in wheel package but thinking on PDF of complete Front and mirrors..
They have price of 3k for this coverage...
What are most of you paying for full front PDF ???
Is this price on par with other vendors and of course quality of doing PDF matters..
My dealer charged me $5.5k for STEK Dynashield on all painted surfaces with film below all logos/lettering. 10 year warranty. Not sure what full front and mirrors would have knocked it down to.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back