šŸ““ Journals Another new arrival - Seneca for Christmas

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
Fantastic. The only good thing about being an 14 from July 2021 is I get see all the awesome pics of V6 owners collecting !
Iā€™m a Seneca with black wheels and black pack /ice grey interior, so wondering what interior you went for ?
Keep us all posted on your outings , interesting to hear your suspension thoughts as the weeks go by šŸ‘

Today was a very good day.

I picked up the car from lotus Sussex just after it finished raining and have already put 100 miles on it driving round avoiding the flooded roads.

The car feels great. Iā€™ve got the tour suspension but it felt surprisingly similar to the sport I test drove - Iā€™m sure they are tour however Iā€™m going to have a good look at the springs and dampers tomorrow just to be sure. Still felt firm but nice and composed and ā€œsportyā€.

The paint looks great to me, Iā€™m fussy although Iā€™m far from being a paint pro.

The doors seals were almost completely wrinkle free - so happy with those.

The gear-knob was smooth a perfectly machined.

Car sounds great as well. I mostly kept it in sport and it felt like a good balance between noise and being obnoxious!

Played with the stereo settings and found a good balance. Sound was ok for my simple tastes and more than loud / punchy enough. I turned it off after a bit to enjoy the mechanical sounds coming from behind my head.

Gear shift was perfect - lovely and precise. Didnā€™t miss a single shift all afternoon.

Seats were good, perhaps a little hard to begin with but thereā€™s a decent amount of adjustment so Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll find the right setup.

The brakes did feel grabbier than in the test drive but I very soon got used to them.

Iā€™d like the throttle response to be a little quicker but I believe that can be tweaked with an aftermarket part?

Everything so far has worked as expected with the only possible glitch being the auto wiper settings being a little sensitive.

It feels fantastic to be finally driving around in a Lotusā€¦ something Iā€™ve wanted to say for years! Even when I was stuck in town in traffic I didnā€™t at any point feel like a dick!

So far, I love love love itā€¦ and Iā€™ve come from a 991.2 GT3 šŸ˜˜

I hope the love affair continues.

(My daughter wanted to be in the pic after accompanying me on my maiden voyage)
View attachment 20495
Very nice! I like how you're sowing the seeds early in your daughter. Was probably an equally awesome experience for her as for you!

Fantastic. The only good thing about being an 14 from July 2021 is I get see all the awesome pics of V6 owners collecting !
Iā€™m a Seneca with black wheels and black pack /ice grey interior, so wondering what interior you went for ?
Keep us all posted on your outings , interesting to hear your suspension thoughts as the weeks go by šŸ‘
IMHO the car handles brilliantly. The idea that the touring suspension is in anyway soft isnā€™t trueā€¦. It feels as tight as I remember my GT3 feelingā€¦

Iā€™m far from an expert although maybe the differences will reveal themselves once a) the car is run in and b) I get some dry runs in, but as it stands the suspension feels great.

Itā€™s so taught that I had a good look at the suspension setup today just to make sure it didnā€™t have sport springs on!

All good - tour all round!

Attachments

• E55C079A-5C8A-471C-A931-3CC401F17BCA.jpeg
    E55C079A-5C8A-471C-A931-3CC401F17BCA.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 132
  • C9562338-A28E-48CC-A9A0-D1522911CD4D.jpeg
    C9562338-A28E-48CC-A9A0-D1522911CD4D.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 131
I havenā€™t felt this motivated to exercise in a long time! The more I look at the car the more I love the lines. I canā€™t think of another car (that I can afford) that is even as half as good lookingā€¦ I think Iā€™m in love šŸ˜

1868B120-7C45-48E3-8FD9-C0531FEA3A79.jpeg

Beautiful. My exact exterior spec. Could you zoom out a bit next time? šŸ˜

News Flash: The car has been faultless and every journey has been a joy.

Iā€™ve now done 350 very happy / very wet miles - sadly testing positive for Covid a few days ago has kept me more indoors than Iā€™d like.

The stereo is now nicely set up and balanced. The seats have taken a little more adjustment to get right but I think Iā€™m there. Getting the lumber dialled in has proved tricky but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s because Iā€™ve been laid up in bedā€¦

Every gesture/comment Iā€™ve had has been very very positive. Iā€™ve previously had a few nice cars so Iā€™m used to the car getting some attentionā€¦ but the Emira is on the next level. Iā€™ve started being flashed by people coming the other wayā€¦ itā€™s happened 3 times now. At first I thought they were telling me either my full beam was on (it wasnā€™t) or there were police ahead (there werenā€™t)ā€¦ I just think they were other driving enthusiasts who know what an Emira is are and want to see more.

Iā€™m loving driving one of what is a very small number of cars although I canā€™t wait to see another one on the road.

The wait is worth it.

49949F38-1A51-4361-98AC-FBF09DCD8BAC.jpeg

Last edited:
Great to hear and that's a nice angle for a picture.

I agree that is a unique and great angle for a picture. Very well done and beautiful car(y)

Battery conditioner fitted... and it's thrown up an error Light on dash!

2nd mod fitted ;-) if you can call it that! I'm claiming it!

I fitted a CTEK battery charger today . It needed M8 sized connectors to connect to the battery - which i had. I added some additional duct tape to the cable and the shroud just in case there is any rubbing. I will probably cut a very small neat recess in the shroud with my Dremel later on for a neater finish.

The charger lights up perfectly and all looks to be working perfectly.... one problem, after installation an error light has been thrown up on the dash saying "12V Battery needs service".

I'm thinking this is due to me disconnecting the battery as i fitted the connectors. Does anyone have experience with this on other Lotus's? I'm hoping that it will clear itself after a while... could I use an ODB reader to clear the code? Does an Emira even have this port? If so any idea where?

If none of the above I'm sure the dealer would some work seeing as they've not had much to do for months!
Thanks

IMG_0689 (1).jpeg

I havenā€™t felt this motivated to exercise in a long time! The more I look at the car the more I love the lines. I canā€™t think of another car (that I can afford) that is even as half as good lookingā€¦ I think Iā€™m in love šŸ˜

View attachment 20694
Another Wattbike user I see, what a great place to have it as well.

Dirty car but I like it that way! 700 miles completed. Super slippy out there even on the Goodyear tyres - I had her sideways twice by mistake this morning! Hairy stuffā€¦

Had a windscreen washer jet error flash up after it had been parked outdoors at work in the super cold weather for 8 hoursā€¦ but only flashed up then disappeared and didnā€™t returnā€¦ jets worked fine :)

Attachments

• DA58E5CC-3A76-4D5A-9832-02D26121051A.jpeg
    DA58E5CC-3A76-4D5A-9832-02D26121051A.jpeg
    455 KB · Views: 161
  • 1273BFE2-694C-4162-A0D1-027CA10F2ABC.jpeg
    1273BFE2-694C-4162-A0D1-027CA10F2ABC.jpeg
    395.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 77D4A84D-9FB9-43DE-ABFA-2CE5A92F5AF5.jpeg
    77D4A84D-9FB9-43DE-ABFA-2CE5A92F5AF5.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 158
Dirty car but I like it that way! 700 miles completed. Super slippy out there even on the Goodyear tyres - I had her sideways twice by mistake this morning! Hairy stuffā€¦

Had a windscreen washer jet error flash up after it had been parked outdoors at work in the super cold weather for 8 hoursā€¦ but only flashed up then disappeared and didnā€™t returnā€¦ jets worked fine :)
Is great to see pics with some real-life road grime on - Shows the car is being used for what it was made. Now, whilst I LOVE a nice clean car, I do find cleaning cars so tedious and time consuming, and really not enjoyable in cold weather. And I refuse to take any of my cars anywhere where scratches and swirls are 'all part of the service, sir'!

I will admit it now, when my Emira arrives, it will be spending more time dirty than clean :p

Run in completeā€¦

Iā€™ve been slowly increasing the revs and the load over the last 100 miles. I a till havenā€™t gone about 5,000 rpm at all.

Iā€™m not going to just go for it straight away either as I can still remember blowing up a TVR Tuscan S engine 20 years ago just after carefully running it in for a few months!

Easy does it!

87307FB4-CE38-4CEB-AB61-37B67308F0CA.jpeg

Thatā€™s why it blew up!

Get on with it man. Explore your rev range.
Itā€™s been pretty wet and slippy out there so currently Iā€™m happy to be taking it easyā€¦ weā€™ll easyish at least.

Run in completeā€¦

Iā€™ve been slowly increasing the revs and the load over the last 100 miles. I a till havenā€™t gone about 5,000 rpm at all.

Iā€™m not going to just go for it straight away either as I can still remember blowing up a TVR Tuscan S engine 20 years ago just after carefully running it in for a few months!

Easy does it!

View attachment 22049
I test drove a well run in one and itā€™s different level above 4000 so should really change/improve your experience as you go higherā€¦..of course you know this, just sharing. Great to hear it compares well as an experience to a GT3!

Very nice! I like how you're sowing the seeds early in your daughter. Was probably an equally awesome experience for her as for you!
She was was chuffed but my son was less than pleased and in the background he had a minor meltdown at the dealership!

As for dragging my daughter along - sheā€™s been getting stuck in / dragged along for years!

1675515722157.jpeg