• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Any NSX Gen 2 (NC1) Owners?

Totally different car. Everyone who drives it seems to be impressed by the capability and tech. Curious your perspectives now that you’ve owned the emira.

Specs: 2019 NSX in Source Silver, bone stock. Arrives tonight.

Thought process: loved the emira. The looks and the little special things like exposed transmission linkage and actuator. However, it was missing that super car feel. The “it” factor. Felt like the cool new thing that wouldn’t last.

Totally subjective and no objective measures. Also the cars just sitting in Europe not selling was a scary thought.

What would you put down as the supercar feel? Something technical like raw performance, or something less nailed down like presence or sense of occasion?

The NSX was my childhood dream car. I still remember reading about the design effort in Car and Driver and telling others in high school. They were laughing at me in disbelief that Honda was going to produce a supercar that would compete with Porsche and Ferrari.

Specs: 2019 NSX in Source Silver, bone stock. Arrives tonight.

Thought process: loved the emira. The looks and the little special things like exposed transmission linkage and actuator. However, it was missing that super car feel. The “it” factor. Felt like the cool new thing that wouldn’t last.

Totally subjective and no objective measures. Also the cars just sitting in Europe not selling was a scary thought.
I expect you will be wowed by the acceleration. Many have been. Design wise I think it’s a wash. I much prefer the emira design but to each his own. Both cars have supercar features as it relates to design.

I looked at the Emira and NC1 NSX and chose the NSX. Much faster, Honda level reliability, and super rare. I love the interior, all carbon fiber, aluminum, leather and Alcantara. Very comfortable and feels high end. With DP and exhaust it sounds great.