Anyone Regret a Trade-in?

4Lotus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am thinking of trading in my 2007 Elise when my Emira arrives in a couple of weeks. I love the Elise, but have alternatives. For pure insanity, a 1969 Seven, and for nostalgia a 1983 Turbo Esprit. Has anyone else traded in another Lotus for an Emira? Any regrets?

I am thinking of trading in my 2007 Elise when my Emira arrives in a couple of weeks. I love the Elise, but have alternatives. For pure insanity, a 1969 Seven, and for nostalgia a 1983 Turbo Esprit. Has anyone else traded in another Lotus for an Emira? Any regrets?
No. I traded my 5 year old 410 exige. I was daily drivimg it in between track events. Was going to keep it but knew it would sit there doing not much, as I doubt I would have used it in any daily capacity with the Emirs sitting next to it. Have not really thought about it since. I have a Fer 355 to use if I feel like a bit of analogue. i suspect you would find the same thing if you kept the Elise.

I learned from a previous mistake and prevented the regret by not selling/trading the Evora GT. I really really like my Emira, but the Evora is wilder and a more serious sports car. I would have regretted the decision. Your Elise is on another level of wild. Keep it if you can until after you take delivery of the Emira and then make your decision.

I was supposed to trade in my LC500 for the Emira but I couldn't bring myself to do it.
I'm very glad I didn't as I already find myself thinking about what I want to trade the Emira in on next. I'm thinking MC20. I never felt that way about the LC.