Anyone regretting that they got the Sport suspension and Cup 2s?

I have sports suspension with the goodyears. Idk if that's considered a bad move, or if the sports camber settings diminish the goodyears purpose, but it's been great as far as I can tell. My thinking was that the cup 2's would be too sticky to have fun with, and don't have as linear a slip progression. Seeing as I'm not a big track driver I just wanted something as sporty as possible but friendly near the limit. The sports suspension itself was definitely the right choice for me. My other car is a g80 M3 so I really didn't want my second two-seater sports car optimized for comfort, just all fun.
I did the same for similar reasons.

I kind of regretted having the cup2s since I don't go to the track very often and those tires are very sticky. But the sport suspension feels just right. It's not harsh in any means and where I live has pretty crappy road surfaces.

I have sports suspension with the goodyears. Idk if that's considered a bad move, or if the sports camber settings diminish the goodyears purpose, but it's been great as far as I can tell. My thinking was that the cup 2's would be too sticky to have fun with, and don't have as linear a slip progression. Seeing as I'm not a big track driver I just wanted something as sporty as possible but friendly near the limit. The sports suspension itself was definitely the right choice for me. My other car is a g80 M3 so I really didn't want my second two-seater sports car optimized for comfort, just all fun.

I am in your exact same situation. Mine has sport setting, but I asked the dealer to swap the Michelin for the Goodyear. I want to use the car as a daily during my weekends. In any weather condition. so the Goodyear where the best choice.

ICYMI the last letter in the Emira chassis number denotes whether the car is factory sport ("m") or tour ("n) set-up. So if you mod the car from one to other spec your chassis number will have the wrong designation.

ICYMI the last letter in the Emira chassis number denotes whether the car is factory sport ("m") or tour ("n) set-up. So if you mod the car from one to other spec your chassis number will have the wrong designation.
Really? Didn't know it. My Emira vin has no m or n in it. Strange..

On the lotus site here--> https://vsic.lotuscars.com/. If I insert my vin it clearly stats sport version.

Really? Didn't know it. My Emira vin has no m or n in it. Strange..

On the lotus site here--> https://vsic.lotuscars.com/. If I insert my vin it clearly stats sport version.
Info came from a uk lotus dealer and checked out with VINs on cars we looked at (including my own)
1000011111.jpg

1000011110.jpg

well, there must be different vin types depending on where the car is sold. As I told you mine has no N or M in the vin. Here it's and extract of the 'car certificate' italian regulation want you to have on board. Top right license plate and the E number is the vin.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240820_194207_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20240820_194207_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 9
I don't know if I regret it because I don't have experience with Touring and Goodyear's. I hope to meet up with one of you one day and trade cars for a hot minute because I am pretty curious about this.

However, some parts of me don't want to know because I am pot-committed.

I have sport suspension with Goodyears, but, on my Evora GT I had the cup 2s. The cup 2s are really only worth it if you track the car and are looking to get the best lap time. If this isn’t what you’re into, you’re better off getting the Goodyears. The cup 2s will literally wear out in 7500 miles so would be switching out tires ALL the time.

Good to know I made the right decision with the sport setup and the Goodyears.

It's just too soft for me. My test drive was with the sport suspension and I liked it.
I didn't order my Emira, the guy that ordered it backed out, so I got lucky and got it immediately. Only thing I would have changed was the Touring stuff
Get the Nitron suspension kit, very affordable and totally changes the car even over sports. You can lower the car a bit, make the front end a bit sharper and you have a wonderful ride and super sharp steering. I love it!

Back to the original topic, I really like my Touring Suspension, but think the Goodyears are a little too soft. After my track day I'll probably swap them out for the Cup 2's

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back