Automatic or Manual Gearbox?

What kind of gearbox will you order?

• Automatic

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Manual

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters
Plus with the auto/dct you can cruise with your right arm on the window sill chilling to the tunes, whereas us manual boys/girls will be shifting to the noise of that wonderful v6.

69,000 rpm twin scroll turbos, direct and port injection, 30psi boost, closed deck engine block, >7000rpm. Plus I think the V6 might only be available for a few years, the i4 will run as the only model and then it will get a power upgrade (which is only software anyway) so there's that future option.

Now, if they can make it sound OK...?
Sound is the reason I’m going v6. The Mercedes car with that engine sounds terrible imho

I agree. In an ideal world I might do the same but its a lot of cash for sound.

Lets see how they tune the i4 exhaust. It will be different but it may still be OK. At least its a revvy thing.

I enjoy my manual GT86. I just think that with this level of performance it might be best to have 100% of my attention span on braking, steering and accelerating and dispense with the need to trouble my left foot and hand as well.
I'd say 450bhp plus is where auto starts to make sense from a concentration perspective. You will be fine with a manual box on the Emira :)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back