• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Battery Charger

hellasf1

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is the lotus branded battery charger as good as the CTEK? I have a CTEK I have used and works great but idk what everyone’s thoughts on the Lotus Branded one that came with our cars.

Way back when, my Evora lotus one failed and I moved to CTEK.

I’m dumping the lotus one and have bought another CTEK, not taking any chances…

Way back when, my Evora lotus one failed and I moved to CTEK.

I’m dumping the lotus one and have bought another CTEK, not taking any chances…

Thanks robrmon. Looking at this and the other thread that's referenced, so far you're the only person with a bad experience using the Lotus brand charger. Others are using them w/o problem, so perhaps yours was a "one-off". I've always used CTEK battery maintainers but expect I'll try out the Lotus brand, once I have my car. If anyone else finds the Lotus brand unreliable, I'll ask you post about it here so we get a better idea of just how unreliable they are (or not).

Thanks robrmon. Looking at this and the other thread that's referenced, so far you're the only person with a bad experience using the Lotus brand charger. Others are using them w/o problem, so perhaps yours was a "one-off". I've always used CTEK battery maintainers but expect I'll try out the Lotus brand, once I have my car. If anyone else finds the Lotus brand unreliable, I'll ask you post about it here so we get a better idea of just how unreliable they are (or not).
Yes it’s quite possible it was just bad luck

I have used other Battery Tender products and CTEKs on other cars / tractors / mowers / etc for years. Never had a "bad one" from either.

My CTEK used on a Vantage has a button-selectable option for flooded vs AGM, whereas the Lotus Battery Tender doesn't. To me, that doesn't mean the BT is worse, but maybe that it uses a conservative charge profile that's acceptable to both?

Given that most of us are starting out with batteries that have probably been sitting on a pallet in Hethel for quite a while, it might take a dedicated side-by-side comparison over a few years with identical brand-new batteries in two Emiras with very similar drive/use cycles to see if either actually helps or hurts battery life. Not likely to happen. So for me, the supplied charger is suitable until proven otherwise.

And, the zip-up case isn't half-bad! Since the charger is mounted in my garage, the case becomes a nice storage bit in the trunk for other odds and ends that I carry around.