• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Battery chargers

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On quite a few YouTube videos I have seen the owners state Lotus provide a trickle charger for the battery. Is this standard and particularly in the UK?

If this is the case is it hidden in some storage compartment somewhere?

Not in a compartment, which is probably unfortunate for you. My dealer handed it to me when I pointed out to him that the sticker shows that it is included at no extra cost. This is in the US. May not be the case elsewhere.

Not in a compartment, which is probably unfortunate for you. My dealer handed it to me when I pointed out to him that the sticker shows that it is included at no extra cost. This is in the US. May not be the case elsewhere.
Thanks for the reply and hopefully someone in the UK can shed some light on this.

The charger was listed on the sticker as an included item in the US. Mine was shipped about a month after I picked up the car. Check your original sticker and see if it's there. It does seem to vary by geography.

The charger was listed on the sticker as an included item in the US. Mine was shipped about a month after I picked up the car. Check your original sticker and see if it's there. It does seem to vary by geography.
Well if we don’t get them as standard I’m in the UK I don’t begrudge you getting them in the US because you put up with a lot with the deliveries alone.👍🏻

Well if we don’t get them as standard I’m in the UK I don’t begrudge you getting them in the US because you put up with a lot with the deliveries alone.👍🏻
There's never been any talk of the UK getting a charger, only the US.

If you are after one the CTEK MXS5.0 I use works well with the M8 indicator quick connector.
Also worth getting the extension lead.
Amazon productAmazon product
There is a post somewhere on the fitting of the quick connector leads.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back