• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Battery - Lithium or not?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the car will have a standard battery, ie one which we don' need to tether if we are leaving it more than about 2 - 3 weeks, which was the limit for my new Elise (sold to purchase the Emira).
To save 10-15 kilos, it would have historically been something Lotus would do, but I hope the guys higher up from other companies have convinced them not to do it as it is a small fraction of the owners who would put up with the hassle for such a small saving in a car which already weighs as much and more than its competitors, if we take the caymen GT4 as such a car for example. Bear / bare in mind porsche always understate their official figures on the customers side, ie cars generally go quicker than they publish and generally weigh less than they publish.

Anyway, I got a slight glimpse in one launch in Asia on youtube and the battery seemed to be normal, but not sure.

Also, I am guessing no insurance companies have the car in their data base yet for the UK, or for anywhere else. As I intend to use my car in Spain, this is going to be a HUGE issue, insurance.....

thanks

Well that is interesting - I couldn't be shown it but I was told by two different lotus employees that the stripes weren't on the rear - something got lost in communication, clearly! Not doubting you at all - clearly I didn't explain the request properly.
Entirely possible I've misunderstood here - I didn't have context for the question. The shaped leather that was being wrestled over the frame had three horizontal bars halfway down on the rear portion above the small of your back, as shown on the configurator view attached. Thought that was the reference. Latest seats look so much better than the configurator, wish I could have sat in them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220420-214651.png
    Screenshot_20220420-214651.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 66
Hi,

I was wondering how you get onto a factory tour? Seems like quite a few people are going now? Is it open to all deposit holders or restricted? I’d love to go and have a look at the factory and cars colours myself.

Thanks

John

Entirely possible I've misunderstood here - I didn't have context for the question. The shaped leather that was being wrestled over the frame had three horizontal bars halfway down on the rear portion above the small of your back, as shown on the configurator view attached. Thought that was the reference. Latest seats look so much better than the configurator, wish I could have sat in them
Ah, I thought the question related to the stripe you can see on the headrest on the configurator....

Yesterday they were fitting the latest pattern leather to the frames, and it did indeed have three horizontal bars on the back.
That’s awesome! You just made my day - thank you! I was so hoping for adidas seats. 🤣

Last edited:
Yes that was exactly my question! Thank you, awesome news! 😀

- wheels. Nick kindly let several of us get up close and personal with a pile of alloys. We agreed that the plain silver forged wheel was a real disappointment - really doesn't look special at all on the cars that were wearing them (yes, not all of the cars were sat on the cast standard wheels).
Now you have me worried about the silver wheels. Why do you say they don’t look special? Were they a chrome-look silver finish? Did the cast silver wheels look better?

Glad someone got it! Mind you, really not sure why the pattern on the back of the seats has any appeal :D
It gives the seats some more visual interest instead of having a non-perforated / non-quilted large piece of slab-looking leather on the back.

Will look more sporty and premium to me.

Last edited:
Nor me, but happy to help 😁 Now if someone could help with my choice of colour that'd be greatly appreciated... 😂
Shadow grey - ‘mean and purposeful’, that’s good enough for me! 😀

Mind you we have bright harsh sunlight down under so it should pop a lot more in the sunlight than in Hethel.

Colour is such a personal thing - do you have a shortlist of ones you like?

Here's an idea I had based on the wheels I saw on the Evija.

This is the all silver forged wheel.
Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 12.25.44 AM.png

This is masking off the silver fronts, and painting everything else matte black.
Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 12.29.07 AM.png

Changes the character of the wheel completely. Makes it look bigger and gives it more depth.

Here's an idea I had based on the wheels I saw on the Evija.

This is the all silver forged wheel.
View attachment 4675

This is masking off the silver fronts, and painting everything else matte black.
View attachment 4676

Changes the character of the wheel completely. Makes it look bigger and gives it more depth.
That is a very good virtual comparison and reflects my view of the wheels in the flesh.