• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Battery

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
As the proud owner of the only 2018 Racing Green Manual Evora in the United States, I was reminded that this vehicle needs to be plugged in likes it’s an EV anyway…

So I went to Autozone and got a new battery having forgotten to plug it in.

Anyone know the Emira battery situation?

1. Plug it in. Comes with a tender. Enjoy?
2. New technology. Don’t worry?
3. Not sure yet. Too early?

Thanks in advance!

#ForTheTender

My simple fail safe Evora solution working now already for 1 year..........very easy connecting.........no kneel down.
Probably the same solution possible on the Emira.
No heat problems for the female connector located in the mesh plate above the exhaust tip.....
Actually the "chrome" muffler end does not become so hot as the inner circular pipe and therefore does not harm the female connector/wiring at all.........
Furthermore the location is almost invisible and can be accessed very easily.

IMG_20210421_180826.jpg

IMG_20210421_180304.jpg

IMG_20210421_180324.jpg

Last edited:
My simple fail safe Evora solution working now already for 1 year..........very easy connecting.........no kneel down.
Probably the same solution possible on the Emira.
No heat problems for the female connector located in the mesh plate above the exhaust tip.....
Actually the "chrome" muffler end does not become so hot as the inner circular pipe and therefore does not harm the female connector/wiring at all.........
Furthermore the location is almost invisible and can be accessed very easily.

View attachment 3260

View attachment 3261

View attachment 3262
I admire your ingenuity, and it is reasonably neat in appearance, but there is no way I am chopping a visible hole and putting what looks like a trailer power hookup on my precious baby like that :)

I admire your ingenuity, and it is reasonably neat in appearance, but there is no way I am chopping a visible hole and putting what looks like a trailer power hookup on my precious baby like that :)
Sir,
I did not need chopping a hole.......the female plug + spring loaded cover were mounted in one of the regular hexagon holes of the screen and from there easily connected to the lithium battery.
Furthermore it is not invisible in a standing man's eye distance of approx. 6 feet because it is covered by the rear frame.
At a more larger distance you could see it but it is black and tiny.........you really have to search for it.
BTW: If you can show me where the "trailer power hookup" is I will honor you with a lollipop emoticon

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_20220207_153110 (2).jpg

Reactions: ADC
Sir,
I did not need chopping a hole.......the female plug + spring loaded cover were mounted in one of the regular hexagon holes of the screen and from there easily connected to the lithium battery.
Furthermore it is not invisible in a standing man's eye distance of approx. 6 feet because it is covered by the rear frame.
At a more larger distance you could see it but it is black and tiny.........you really have to search for it.
BTW: If you can show me where the "trailer power hookup" is I will honor you with a lollipop emoticon

View attachment 3263

View attachment 3264
If you added a trailer hook up what would be the maximum weight you can tow

Reactions: ADC
Sir,

View attachment 3263

View attachment 3264
She’s so pretty though. Dang beauty!

Sir,

View attachment 3263

View attachment 3264
Ok, I'm big enough to put my hands up and admit defeat... That is not readily visible in your photo, and if it didn't require any cutting then it is a perfectly cromulent solution. I doff my cap to you sir :)

I bet it would drive me crazy just knowing it was there though 😂

Ok, I'm big enough to put my hands up and admit defeat... That is not readily visible in your photo, and if it didn't require any cutting then it is a perfectly cromulent solution. I doff my cap to you sir :)

I bet it would drive me crazy just knowing it was there though 😂
Thank you sir........:)

IMHO part of the fun of DIY modifications is the knowing part. And this particular modification will not impact emissions or fuel economy!
My counterpoint: ignorance is bliss.

If I don't know about something, I can't stress about it going wrong :)

For example, I installed our entire kitchen a couple of years ago, and even though I'm 99.9% sure I did a good job of it, I bet I'm the only person in my family who still opens the cupboard doors gingerly in fear of the whole thing falling off the wall :LOL: