• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Boot/Tailgate let’s water into the engine area.

Paul McLaren

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 2024 Emira. Living in the UK it rains a lot and I noticed that rain had gathered on the boot. When I opened the boot to put something in, the water which had gathered drained partially into the boot and drain channels in the engine bay. Is there a way of stopping this.

I recently picked up a 2024 Emira. Living in the UK it rains a lot and I noticed that rain had gathered on the boot. When I opened the boot to put something in, the water which had gathered drained partially into the boot and drain channels in the engine bay. Is there a way of stopping this.
This theme was covered in a previous thread entitled "Water drains into the engine bay if hatch is opened when car is wet?"
After several suggestions and ideas, unfortunately I came to the conclusion that the most practical solution was to buy and keep a squeegee under the passenger seat. it's worked for me. You're in the UK, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to get the same squeegee, that's of course if you're interested in this solution, from Amazon, but you can check it out on the above mentioned thread since that squeegee works really well. Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
I used to bothered about it but compared to the paint blisters it no issue at all.
It helps to open the tailgate slowly and unless it’s windy I find nothing goes in the boot.
The best thing I have found is to never open it and go shopping etc. in the wife’s car .😂

I used to bothered about it but compared to the paint blisters it no issue at all.
It helps to open the tailgate slowly and unless it’s windy I find nothing goes in the boot.
The best thing I have found is to never open it and go shopping etc. in the wife’s car .😂
Yeah, but even better if you shop with her credit card,. That would definitely be watertight.